ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 jolting when first accelerating

Clio 182
My 197 seems to be jolting when I first accelerate after changing in lower gears! It seems to happen just before the power kicks in when you first touch the peddle? Is this normal to other owners or has anyone experienced the same problem! Car is still under warrenty but just wondering if this is something I should be worried about!

thanks

welcome to the 197 flat spot, ive failed to see this mapped out, even RST have said its a bugger.

the renault spec remap might help but it affects em all mate, if you havent been to renault yet go and ask for the kangeroo-ing, rough idle map fix :)

200 cup & 106 GTi
Have renault not worked out how to fix it? A similar problem i had on a previous car was a known problem to do with the EGR valve, the fix was to fit a restrictor in the fitting of the EGR pipe to the inlet manifold.

Mines very tempremental when cold.. just started here then, kept it in low revs, but she chugged up street, so pulled over for a minute, let her warm up then went

Clio 182
After a long conversation with the Monkeys at Renault Romford I have decided to quit! People really are usless in this word!

Can anyone advise me what I need to ask for to get the remap done under warrenty? I am getting lots of diagnostic charges apparently if there is no pronlem found??? Am i not wrong that no problem will be found I just need an update of the software????

Please helppppppp!

white 197 CUP
im havign the same proplem tends to be when i change in to 2nd and like you say just touch the throttle il try renult in sheffield and get ack to you, if its a problem they all have then mayb its gona take alot of ppl to go in and say look its juddering and they might do somehting about it, but it will take time

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
^^ if your car is late 57 onwards i belive the fix has been applied.

Need to clarify this I think.

ALL 197s will judder/kangaroo/be hesitant when cold etc. This is the price you pay for buying a car with Normaly Aspirated engine producing nearly 100bhp per litre.

Earlier 197s were a lot worse and experienced this problem far more frequently and this was solved by the Actis Solution I mentioned in my earlier post.

Clio 182
Yes I asked for the Actis Solution and the got silence firstly from the sales guy the the central office started telling me about a £90 charge is there is nothing wrong maybe you have inteligent people in your branch of renault! Not my fault Renault employee Knobs!!!

Call Renault UK - 08000 723372

Tell them you have been to you local dealer for Actis Solution 7103 that you have read about on the official RenaultSport forum as you feel your car has not had it, and that when you enquired at the dealer you were told there would be a £90 charge.

You wont need to say any more than that other than who the dealers is ;)

Clio 182
So i speak to the branch and they say yes just book it in! Renault Ilford tell me they have out of hours drop off, central call center tell me they do not! MONKEYS!!!!!!

Clio 182
So done what you guys said and booked it into Renault East London explained that I have a flat spot in acceleration and also sluggishness when first starting the car! I also contacted Renault Customer Care and spoke to someone who contacted the Dealer and also advised them of my problem and that I need a Actis Solution 7103 update!

Car goes in today get phone call now we need you to come down and demonstarte the problem and we need to keep your car over night to progress with our enquires!!!!!!!

I have told them I want 1 software update why are they making this soooooo hard! Apparently they will not run the update without first finding a problem!!!!!!!

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP! I would just get the remap done by a tuner however I do not want to run the risk of loosing my year's remaining warrenty!!!

rps13
Tell the dealer that you will just make an official complaint to renault UK, if they dont play ball then complain.

Then complain again, and again and shout down the phone at RUK.

If they know you're not taking any s**t they wont mess about.

Was a 197
mines brand new and it is very hesitant on acceleration when cold. like wot theduck said about it, just let it warm up and then the fun can begin, but if it still does it when warm, then it is a problem!!!!

BMW 320d M-Sport
This happens so often. If you can, get to Taylor's in Great Dunmow. They did mine no problem after Renault Chelmsford said it didn't exist and was a viscious forum lie! Dealers can be cnuts and usually are.

Black 197
I know your all talking about 197's but my 182 does the same thing when cold.. Very hesitant to accelerate and sounds rough but when warmed up i.e a couple of bars it drives perfect... Think this problem exists in 99% of Renault Sport cars..

197 FF
its to stop you ragging the nuts off it when cold.

Just try driving it slowly and waiting for it to warm up like should be practised before giving it beans

I've had the problem once and that was becasue i was in a rush other than that i take my time and all is good

Jakey, call Renault UK and ask to Speak to Tom Gaskell. He has recently helped me out and has been absolutely brilliant, couldn't ask for better service.

Clio 182
So Ive just been told it was a faulty Ignition Coil which has been replaced and that no Software update has been applied???????? Anyone experienced a faulty ignition coil??/

Clio 182
Sorry to be such a drain guys but my car has been back in the garage as it just does not feel right! So after 2 days in the work shop im told I have yet another ignition coil misfiring. And to top it off I asked for the Actis solution to be applied and they said its not compatible withmy vehicle and i have a part number 8200915772 running at the moment and this is the latest most up to date piece of software? Can anyone confirm this and why do my coils keep misfiring?????????????????????????

Clio 182
Long shot but does anyone have the ability to check the Map my car is running so I can confirm i am not using the latest version or received the Actis 7103 solution! Just wana get this sorted once and for all!

Renault UK being very helpful tho on the plus side i suppose - Cheers The Duck (and for the filter):)

BMW 320d M-Sport
I'd just pop down to Great Dunmow and Taylor's Renault, they'll sort it for you in a jiffy! Failing that, on the same estate there's a garage that does all the technical stuff for Renault's and they'll run it and tell you in a matter of minutes

Long shot but does anyone have the ability to check the Map my car is running so I can confirm i am not using the latest version or received the Actis 7103 solution! Just wana get this sorted once and for all!

Renault UK being very helpful tho on the plus side i suppose - Cheers The Duck (and for the filter):)

No worries mate. I'll get the filter out to you asap.

Nimbus 197
spoke to dealer today, they insist on having the car from cold (so left overnight) and agreed to do the update........Lets see how it goes, booked in next week

Sorry to be such a drain guys but my car has been back in the garage as it just does not feel right! So after 2 days in the work shop im told I have yet another ignition coil misfiring. And to top it off I asked for the Actis solution to be applied and they said its not compatible withmy vehicle and i have a part number 8200915772 running at the moment and this is the latest most up to date piece of software? Can anyone confirm this and why do my coils keep misfiring?????????????????????????

Part number 8200915772 is the latest B600 software. No issues with B600 software on my 197