ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 MPG. LOL!

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i want some sort of straight six bmw. 3 series saloon...

LOL i also heard the biggest planks drive white audi's ;)

Black 197

325 or 330 Seb

Drove my mates 325, lush and comfortable, build quality is spot on but it felt sluggish to me..

Im defo going anything other than french after my 197..

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
tbh, i would like a v8 of somesort as i like the sound. but i have no idea what... straight six also sounds nice...

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Gods honest truth, when I drive my van (about 7/800 miles per week) I have no issues at all. Everyone lets me out at junctions, everyone is courteous etc etc etc.

I'm in the Audi for 5 minutes and nobody says thank you, people won't let you out at junctions..... There is a genuine Hatred for Audi drivers.

Thankfully I only use it twice a month! If i'm desperate! lol.

172 mk2 Iceberg
Gods honest truth, when I drive my van (about 7/800 miles per week) I have no issues at all. Everyone lets me out at junctions, everyone is courteous etc etc etc.

I'm in the Audi for 5 minutes and nobody says thank you, people won't let you out at junctions..... There is a genuine Hatred for Audi drivers.

Thankfully I only use it twice a month! If i'm desperate! lol.

Try driving a Merc then

Its even worse

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
yeah i was driving a works van last night and everyone gets out the way of that on the motorway. LOL

vans are great motorway tools, better view and literally everyone gets out of your way! well apart from those audi drivers ;)

Black 197
yeah i was driving a works van last night and everyone gets out the way of that on the motorway. LOL

vans are great motorway tools, better view and literally everyone gets out of your way! well apart from those audi drivers ;)

Drive at someone in a HGV they soon move ;)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
330/335 are the ones to go for. The 325 costs pretty much the same to rn but you notice the lack of speed. Modern cars do nothing for me though. Borrowed a 330sport for a long weekend. After the initial novelty faded, it bored me senseless. Too refined, had to wring it's neck to enjoy it.
Either an nsx, or a very late 944 turbo.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
nsx would be a DREAM for me but i think it would be too expensive for me as an everyday car tbh.

White clique
nah, the hardcore who think it is cool to drive without any luxuries have the mk1, and all credit to them, the chavs drive the mk2, the WEALTHY, STYLISH AND HANDSOME men of the forum drive mk3.

This is precise and to the point. :D:rasp:

As for c***s driving BMW's, yeah c***s the lot of em! :eek:

V6 Exige, GTR R35
lol my range rover is doing 16.1 average since i got it.

oh and nobody lets you pull out in it, at all....

likewise if im in the 911 and in teh wrong lane im screwed!

at the same time though i get the same mpg in the 197 as i do the 911

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Cat obviously hasn't seen the thread as it is not locked!

I drove my 172 to Wales and back and still averaged 30mpg. I can't believe how poor they are on fuel. The 172 does do marginally better fuel than my old Williams but feels more expensive due to V Power.

Tav

Clio 197
Real drivers can drive 200bhp cars in Central London ;)

lol, driving in London is not driving...it's like sitting your driving test. Stop. Start. Right turn here. Left turn there. Mind the wanker in the rep mobile. Negotiate round about. Yawn.

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  Q8 E-Tron
Jesus, I've raped my 335i for the last 10K miles and averaged 26.1MPG and got blistering, not gash performance

3 litre straight 6 twin turbo vs. 2 litre 4 cyl, Renault need to have a quiet word with themselves.

Sort it, Seb

Last edited by a moderator:
  A4 DTM/iceberg cup
i get 400 miles to a tank on my way to work now, but i just drive at 60 all the way.

this was me in my 172 cup... sort of defeats the object of having the car imo....i was only getting 230-280 miles to a tank with normal driving though..300 at a push crawling down the motorway...

(before anyone says, my foot was not heavy neither was the car playing up)

and no one lets you pull out in a bmw either

Black 197
lol, driving in London is not driving...it's like sitting your driving test. Stop. Start. Right turn here. Left turn there. Mind the w**ker in the rep mobile. Negotiate round about. Yawn.

Theres a quote :-

" If you can drive in London you can drive anywhere in the World " - This is true imo

And FYI London is not always stop start stop start, It depends on the area and time of day...

197, M3, Ronart + KTM etc
c**ts drive BMW's, Complete w**kers with a dick the size of a peanut drive Audi's.

Thats what they tell me anyway.

It seems a shame to bring this Forum down to the level of some of the DH's on the BMW ones :dapprove: Still, back on thread and as an ex M3 owner, I'm pleasently surprised by the fun that can be had from the 197, though very surprised that unfortunately, it's matching the M3's 19 MPG ;) Your right about Audi drivers though :approve:

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i had a more subdued drive back today.

A2 > M2 > M25 > M11 > A11 > A14

got 27.4mpg. LOL

the 335i would be ideal dafthead... uber power and smart too. but maybe a bit pricey for me. I don't roll that hard... :(

clio dci 80
wow i do love the sports but glad i chose mpg over mph now as this is the average mpg i get
clio045Small.jpg

Barge
19!!! You sure you're in 6th, Seb? ;) Mines 26 average on a daily basis, can get around 32 on motorway journeys.

Glad to see it got better on the route home!

My 182 normally rolls in the high twenties. I saw 17 on a border run to Holland on the autobahn, and 13 on track. 19 on normal roads in a 197 seems very, very, poor.

172 clio ph1
lol my range rover is doing 16.1 average since i got it.

oh and nobody lets you pull out in it, at all....

Your in a rangerover for goodness sakes, you pull out and then put your hand up as if to say sorry.. :D or thats what I used to do. Not many people will actually argue.

As to the bmw driver thing, I found that people just were rude to me in mine. Yet I drive the same in whatever I drive.

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
It seems a shame to bring this Forum down to the level of some of the DH's on the BMW ones :dapprove: Still, back on thread and as an ex M3 owner, I'm pleasently surprised by the fun that can be had from the 197, though very surprised that unfortunately, it's matching the M3's 19 MPG ;) Your right about Audi drivers though :approve:

Its also a shame the newer people on this forum seem to have all sense of humour removed at birth. I have an Audi AND a bmw.

;)

Tav

Clio 197
Theres a quote :-

" If you can drive in London you can drive anywhere in the World " - This is true imo

And FYI London is not always stop start stop start, It depends on the area and time of day...

It's just like any other city in the UK but perhaps busier and in some places a little more confusing. Didn't find it terribly difficult getting to the dome whilst reading directions scribbled on a bit of paper. It does entirely defeat the purpose of owning a performance car though unless you regularly escape the confides of the city.

I doubt driving in London would prepare you for NYC or anywhere in India.

It's just like any other city in the UK but perhaps busier and in some places a little more confusing. Didn't find it terribly difficult getting to the dome whilst reading directions scribbled on a bit of paper. It does entirely defeat the purpose of owning a performance car though unless you regularly escape the confides of the city.

I doubt driving in London would prepare you for NYC or anywhere in India.

Indeed. Try driving/riding around in any Asian city of an evening. That s**t makes London look like a walk in the park.