ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 on my driveway!!

106 GTi
Bubbles said:
it is quite nice when randoms pop round to show me the latest cars hehe

Im well known in this little village.. bless! (oo err)

Got followed to work this morning by an undercover volvo... they eventually overtook me and then i played 'keep up' i didnt go above 60 and fook me he was going some

LOL - What do you expect driving that bright yellow thing ;)

If a blue ones does this to you, I want to be around to see the effects of a yellow one ;) :rasp:

Maz

LY 200
The crappy wheels are the only thing that put me off buying one :(think I will wait and see what the future brings ;)

Clio 172 mk2
Saw a lovely silver megane sport in the Renaukt dealers yesterday....I'd definately have that over the new Clio.

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
push a button to get you started???? aaahhh is that how it works, lol

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
didn't realise they'd switched to conti's. Wonder why they don't use the usual french rubber?

Red Clio 197 F1
I like new techy bits on a car, hopefully Reno have got their reliability sorted otherwise when it goes back to the dealers there will be lots of head scratching!!

They are pretty useless with cars that are 6 years old, let alone hot off the production line ones!

The 197 is growing on me, however it does need a boot lip spoiler!!

www.renparts.co.uk
JayJo said:
however it does need a boot lip spoiler!!

Weve just had a 197 delivered to my local dealers. I was speaking to the guy who drove it down from renault UK and he says they will be offering a cup style spolier as extra, but as most of you know it serves no purpose as the downforce is generated by the diffuser. It will be interesting to see if they facelift it fairly soon which i feel is what theyre going to do to the clio quite quickly.

Id deffo prefer NOT to have a keycard.... guy at work has one for his Laguna and has had nothing but probs. One died with something inside rattling, guy at ren said, yeah it happens alot, they only really last 2 years or so. His second card started fooking up a week later, he could open it but the lock button broke, so had to leave the car unlocked as the key part wouldnt lock all doors.. £160 for a new one. jokers

Lionel Richie
Maz said:
^^ how come jetset boy ?? ;)

because QEK (a massive car storage/leasing/shipping company) are based infront of my flat, plus i have a 3mile runway out the front of my flat (mainly with all of QEK's cars parked on it, but ther's a 2mie smaller runway next to it!):evil:

i was up there last night testing out the vee, 152mph!:evil:

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
FredYozzasport said:
because QEK (a massive car storage/leasing/shipping company) are based infront of my flat, plus i have a 3mile runway out the front of my flat (mainly with all of QEK's cars parked on it, but ther's a 2mie smaller runway next to it!):evil:

pics and video - please :D gratis!

BMW Z4 3.0i
Cue said:
didn't realise they'd switched to conti's. Wonder why they don't use the usual french rubber?

I presume the conti's are cheap. Apart from the sportiest of sporty renaultsports, all the renaults come with continental tyres. ...that was my understanding.

Maz

LY 200
FredYozzasport said:

Nice one :approve:

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
So here we go..

FOOK ME THE BREAKS ARE GOOD!!! we were very very quickly upto 110 and it didnt take us long to slame on the breaks and go down to about 40, amazing!

It was Albi Blue?

sorry for the bluryness on the interior pic..

Still think the boot needs a little spoiler.. just a little nip

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 149
  • Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    325 KB · Views: 143
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    274.8 KB · Views: 173
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 89
  • Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    295.4 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
The Drive:

we were trying to compair it to the 182 and couldnt really find the right word... but we said it was more 'refined' - although it is more expensive... you really do get what you pay for.

Its quick, breaks amazingly, positioned itself on the road really well and felt very planted.

The interior is really nice and the seats are very comfy

The ride was smooth and you do feel safe inside, when cruising around it was quiet and comfortable, but then you put your foot down and you hear it, and feeeeeeel the acceleration

The gear box is short and knotchy.. he didnt like that but i loved it!

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Haha sorry Rob, we will stick to Jap crap over there ;)

Rich: hard to compair it to my low hard bumpy girl... i still prefer the looks of the 182, but i cant knock the 197... i really cant get over the breaks. Same suspension as the trophy, same front end set up as the meggy... it has all the good bits from the others thrown into this little rocket. i kept saying "I WILL NOT FALL IN LOVE WITH THIS CAR" hehe

106 GTi
Nice write up - Being that much bigger than the 182, did it lose the small hatch hot hatch feel of cars gone by that the 182 managed to keep?

All sounds very grown up, almost Golf GTI like.

Sounds like someone needs to get them brakes onto a 1*2.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
oooooooooooo hard to say! i did mention that it feels really safe, and the seating position felt very high up! hehe

But when inside, it was so chuckable, and we laughed the whole time! He mentioned that out on the airfield, they just cant get it to shift its backend at all... we think its lost its little 'c**ked leg' that we love so much with the 182

Will look nice with some nice pipes!

Attachments

• Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    268.5 KB · Views: 76
  Dirty E91
Can't believe the wheels are 17s, they look very small and pretty narrow compared to the 16s on the 182. How did they look in the flesh?

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
sorry, i probably should of taken some pics of the full wheels, can do some if you want?

They do look small, i did say "Wow, 17s!? they look tiny" but it doesnt effect the ride or anything at all - would be nice if they came in anthracite (sp)

106 GTi
Bubbles said:
oooooooooooo hard to say! i did mention that it feels really safe, and the seating position felt very high up! hehe

But when inside, it was so chuckable, and we laughed the whole time! He mentioned that out on the airfield, they just cant get it to shift its backend at all... we think its lost its little 'c**ked leg' that we love so much with the 182

Will look nice with some nice pipes!

Whn I sat in the one at the Silverstone Pit stop thing I notice you seem to be sat up highand the seats feel very squashy but supportive.

I need to see a black one and have a test drive!

No L.O.O though .... oh dear :(

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
i laughed at the little indicator stalk! its like a little nubbin! steering wheels is gorgeous.

Aparently the 'smokers pack' is a little cup with a lid (That was in the car).. thats the ashtray - which i quite like to having a whole built in unit

106 GTi
Bubbles said:
sorry, i probably should of taken some pics of the full wheels, can do some if you want?

They do look small, i did say "Wow, 17s!? they look tiny" but it doesnt effect the ride or anything at all - would be nice if they came in anthracite (sp)

Awaits the cup packs me thinks.

Yeah they do look small, needs 18's like the Meggy

IMG_0558.jpg

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Dont be showing up my shite photography Rich ;)

Oh.. and the 300 mile press car had a new front bumper fitted today! toooooo many stone chips haha