ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 on the way.

Hi, i'm a newish member on here and wondered if anyone could answer a few questions.

I have just purchased a 197 which i will be collecting later this week in what i believe to be Nimbus Grey (??). It has the optional Recaros, Xenons (i think, due to the presence of headlamp washers), and the wheels are dark grey with red brake calipers, is this the optional cup chassis pack??

Cheers.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Sounds like an r27. Why would you order a car without knowing what it is?? Enjoy it either way.

Sorry, its not new, first registered May 08. I have done some research as to options, etc but this seems to have a really good spec. I have looked at a few but this one with the dark grey wheels and red calipers looked the business, it also looks more of a grey colour as opposed to silver.

I initially thought it was an R27 but theres no plaque. It has, as far as i can establish these options fitted i think:

Recaro Renaultsport seats.
Dark grey wheels with red brake calipers ( cup chassis pack??).
Xenons (black surrounds/no height adjustment and headlamp washers).
Digital climate control.
Auto lights and wipers.

C63 AMG
It's not an R27 if it was registered in May 08. It is a Nimbus 197 with optional Cup pack, Recaros and xenons. Probably an ex-demonstrator or a rejected customer order.

Excellent car by the way - by far the best colour for the 197, especially with the anthracite wheels.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
yep the anthracite wheels and red calipers are the cup pack, it would have stickers aswell if it was an R27

I initially thought it was an R27 but theres no plaque. It has, as far as i can establish these options fitted i think:

Recaro Renaultsport seats.
Dark grey wheels with red brake calipers ( cup chassis pack??).
Xenons (black surrounds/no height adjustment and headlamp washers).
Digital climate control.
Auto lights and wipers.

I've just discovered its got the folding mirrors too!!

Which is nice!!

Yes, I got it a couple of weeks ago. Don't get to drive it that much as my girlfriend has the luxury of using it on a daily basis!!

Clio1973-1.gif

First registered May 08.

Renaultsport Recaros.
Cup chassis pack.
Xenons.
Digital climate control.
Auto lights and wipers.
Folding mirrors.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
A man with taste!

Best colour with all the right options!!

The full title of the car is: Renault Clio Renaultsport 197 R27 F1 Team.

Or R27 ;)

A man with taste!

Best colour with all the right options!!

The full title of the car is: Renault Clio Renaultsport 197 R27 F1 Team.

Or R27 ;)

Hmm, i first thought it was a R27 F1 but theres no plaque near the handbrake so i dont know. I personally think its a well specced 197 as opposed to a R27.

But if anyone knows better, i'd be interested to hear what you think.

MG ZS180 Mk2
Plus if it was an R27, as well as the plaque, it would have decals on the front and rear bumper as these were not removed if you had the roof and door decals deleted.

Also, I think the last R27 was sold by December/January time.

White clique
that looks like a lovely car! Super colour. Its not the R27 F21 team though, standard 197 with cup packs. I want the cups packs on mine now!!

Gman

ClioSport Club Member
  Mt10 Zx6r golf tdi
There's a 197 in my area in that colour, absolutely love it, as said before you really can't appreciate that colour in photos!!!