ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 - Play in both front wheels

Clio 1.4 Dynamique
I've recently bought a rs197 and when getting the tyres changed the mechanic pointed the play in the front wheels, both sides are really bad but I haven't really noticed it in the steering (could be down to the unfamiliar car)

The car is lowered on coilovers and has 20mm spacers, the front wheels are slightly cambered, to the extent that I had to change the tyres due to excessive wear on the inside edge.

Now what could this be? The mechanic suggested the lower ball joints have gone but a brief search for parts on ecp and I'm having no joy..

Thanks in advance

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
If he suggests they're gone, then they need replacing. You don't always feel play in steering as pas, bushes, tyres take up the slack. P

Phone euros or Renault.

Clio 1.4 Dynamique
He wasn't quite a mechanic, more a tyre technician haha but yeah now I see there's an upper ball joint after a look on eBay...

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Best scenario - Inner track control arms

Worst scenario - ball joints!

Either way, get it looked at properly fella.