ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 rear speaker not working

Clio Sport 197
Just picked up my clio 197, put the radio/cd player on but I only have sound from the front speaker, I have adjusted the fader balance but still have no sound.
Any ideas what the problem could be ?

Craig_B

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182
Sure you have speakers in the rear?

My 57 plate 197 didn't have speakers in the rear when I had it. Not sure if it came from factory like that or if they was removed before I bought it?

Megane 275 trophy006
Only some 197s have rear speakers.
I had my whole system done in the car when I brought it and had no rear speakers.
It all comes down to what it was specced with for it's stereo when it was first purchased.

Craig_B

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182
Did you check if you had any in there?

I put some pioneer ones in mine when I realised there was none in there.

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
there is speakers in the rear, they wouldn't put dummy looking ones in would they ?

Remove the grills, a small flathead screwdriver or your key in the slot at the bottom and pry them off, they're clipped in with a bigger clip at the top. Now you can see if there is any speakers underneath, if so then unscrew one with a t20 torx screwdriver and check its plugged in properly. If that still doesn't work then how long have you owned the 197/have you ever taken the stereo out? If you think it's been taken put before use stereo pins to remove it and check every connection is plugged in correctly, and every pin is seated correctly in the plugs in the back of the stereo.

If however you discover there isn't any rear speakers, PM me ;) (shameless advertising my set of standard speakers for sale ;))