ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Renaultsort Badge

Abarth Grande Punto
I quite like the newer styler 197 Renault Sport badge. Just wondered what you guys thought. Thinking of replacing my boot badges with this badge. I think it looks alot more sleek. Not sure if the holes etc are the same in the boot thou. Anyone done this to there 182 or though about it??

Abarth Grande Punto
This is the badge i mean!

untitled.jpg

Car SOLD :-(
The Renault & Sport badges on yours won't have holes, so may be possible.

I'm waiting to see how long it takes someone to adapt the 197 door bump strips and badges to fit:cool:

Chocolate Bar™
adamRSI said:
The Renault & Sport badges on yours won't have holes, so may be possible.

I'm waiting to see how long it takes someone to adapt the 197 door bump strips and badges to fit:cool:

i looked at the megane ones but they wouldnt fit the creases in the door right :(

Clio 182
I want the steering wheel from the 197 in my 182. I'm hoping its possible to do it and still keep the cruise control.

Tangoed Works
^^^ aparently not possible due to different cruise control connectors and different splines on the wheel? Not 100% though.

Abarth Grande Punto
i think im gonna give renault a call today to get a price! I will let you know the price / part no

i tried getting a price for these recently but they could not give one and told me they were not available yet although I think they just couldnt be bothered to look personally so if you find out let me know - also try and get part numbers for them if possible - oh and dont try renault cardiff!

Abarth Grande Punto
after a little poking and prodding at my local dealers i finally managed to order the new badges, the part no is 8200535890 and the prices ranged from £19 to £19.80 from the 3 dealers i tried! Im getting mine from John Pease in Cressing, Essex. I will let you know when i get them and host some pics. Should be a couple of days !

R

rich[182]

Im interested in doing this too, I bought the renault sport badges for a Megane and put them on my 172, looked better than the clio ones
New 197 ones look more discreet

182 ff with cup pack's
i don't like the standard sport badge on my 182 i think it looks like a cheap boyracer halfords job. the 197 ones lok more upto date

Abarth Grande Punto
just had a thought, are the current badges just stuck on cos i cant be bothered to fill fixing holes etc! Fingers Crossed!

R

rich[182]

my 2003 172 the renault sport badges were stuck on
thought all the 182's are too, why would they be different ?

clio badge has holes - renault sport badges dont
On 1.2's etc they only have a clio badge - no renault badge meaning if renault wanted holes for the renault sport badges they would have to get different bootlids made so definately not any holes

Abarth Grande Punto
IMG_3636.jpg

There you go boys and girls! I like it gonna take some getting used to!

Just took a quick pic will take more 2mora hopefully.

Opinion welcome !

Thanks STu

R

rich[182]

Are badges in a cardboard template or do you have to put letters on individually ?
Looks good