ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 replica, with a 1.2 TCE

Not a 320d
its seriously difficult to tell really if its a proper rep then its a cracking job

id say it is, from what i can see

dials
steering wheel
gearnob

are all incorrect for a 197

Just what i thought, + in the photos, some of the pics show thats its defo been resprayed, you can see the orange peel.

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172
I'm sorry but how people can just accuse that of being stolen parts is just outrageous!!!

Fair play for you buying it... I think it's amazing and tbh, for an 18yo would be perfect... in fact I wouldn't mind driving around it it myself!

People amaze me on forums... if you're young and have money you're just hated!! I used to get flamed for the money I spent on insurance when I was younger... could never understand it!

Here's the scenario's...

1) You buy a nice, fast decent car, spend no money modding it but a lot on insurance

You'll get grilled for spending a lot on insurance and you'll also write it off cos you're young and that means you're a s**t driver.

2) You buy a smaller engine car and spend loads on making it look like a perfect rep

You'll get grilled for wasting money on making it look like something it's not.

People dont have a problem with that rep, just it seems odd that someone would put all that money into it. I dont know anyone who would spend 5-7k on a newish car to make it into a rep. I agree about how theres no problem with someone making a rep as they cant afford the running costs and insurance for a 2ltre. Youve also got to think all that work would of invalided their manufactures warrenty so am sure they woukd have enough money to run a 2litre in all people just think theres something fishy about it. I defo think there is i feel like wasting £3 on a car check lol

A few things;

1. Dump valve on a 1.2 N/A engine - wtf?
2. Why the f**k would you spend all that money making an (admittedly quite convincing) 197 replica? Just leave your 1.2 standard and get a 197 in a few years or buy a car that's not brand new and drive a £500 banger for a few years...
3. Cat C repaired. f**k that.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
A few things;

1. Dump valve on a 1.2 N/A engine - wtf?
2. Why the f**k would you spend all that money making an (admittedly quite convincing) 197 replica? Just leave your 1.2 standard and get a 197 in a few years or buy a car that's not brand new and drive a £500 banger for a few years...
3. Cat C repaired. f**k that.

TCE is a Turbo ;)

Blobeye WRX STi W/T
Oh I see. Still slow I bet though
Torque of a 1.6, Power of a 1.4 and economy of a 1.2...

all in all they are good cars, GFs sister has one, around 10.5 to 60
clearly not Renaultsport speeds but it's only a 1.2 lol