ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 replica, with a 1.2 TCE

Nissan 350z
Got to say thats one of the best reps ive seen. Deffinately worth a fair bit looking by the parts/effort used on it.

Renaultsport Clio 200
Is it normal for the two door to have a 4 door open indicator on the dash (not sure on the 197 - I know the 200 shows just 2 doors when they are open)

Capture.JPG

Or is it a dash change out too? would seem strange if Renault made this error?

(tell me if I'm missing the obvious)

Still kudo's for the rep, looks very nice.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Hmmm something fishy.

Lot of money has went into that if it's not dodgy.

Is it normal for the two door to have a 4 door open indicator on the dash (not sure on the 197 - I know the 200 shows just 2 doors when they are open)

Capture.JPG

197 shows which door is open, so doesnt ever show rear doors.

Mini Cooper S sport
Wow, that does look the absolute nuts I have to say.

Why do all that to a 1.2 though?

Must be stolen parts as said, otherwise he just has money to burn.

Nissan 350z
The looks of a 197 without the insurance/running costs.
Whats the point in an astra sri?

So insurance companies won't increase the premium loads because of all the mods then?! Plus the stupid cost of doing it in the first place.

The point in an Astra SRi is that they are cheap and work.

What is the point of your face?

Hyundai i40
lol at all the people accusing the seller of using stolen parts!!

Not everyone is sh1t at buying stuff cheaply ...

Imho, it looks awesome, perfect for a young driver!!

+1

its like saying every 1*2 rep is made with stolen parts

People are thinking into this far too much

Mini Cooper S
+1

its like saying every 1*2 rep is made with stolen parts

People are thinking into this far too much

Not really. 1*2's are much older, therefore parts are easier to get hold of.

If you just add it up quickly, interior £1k, wheels/brakes etc. £1k, bodykit £1.5k, respray £1k, other bits and pieces £1k. Lets say he bought the car for £1500 as a CAT C.

In theory it could have all been done from a donor 197. And when you add it up like I have, if it's cost him £7k - that's not a great deal of money for the work that has been done.

320d

Capture.JPG

It would not surprise me. Renault managed to put 1.2 dials into a fair few early 172's. Which is a major fail considering that a 172 revs to 7250rpm and a non-rs set of dials only go up to 7K rpm.

E92 M3
it looks very very good tho! just drive it, get it hpi'd and take some one that noes to have a look. at the end of the day look at it!

Black Clio GT
if the guy has done a vxr one aswell then he obviously knows how to get stuff cheap/knows people in the bodyshop trade or is in the trade himself.....

if it was cat c i would be more bothered about wahts underneath the panels rather than wether the panels are robbed or not tbh.

it looks a good car and if the work has been done to a good standard underneath as it has been on top and is 100% true then its a cracking buy for someone as it will proberbly worth what a standard tce is of that age/mileage......

BMW E30 325iiiiii
Thanks for the opinions and what not, the fella I was asking for is just gonna give it a miss, he asked the fella who owns it about HP and the cat c, and the owner got a bit sketchy and started rattling off that he didn't want any tyre kickers.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I could think of a lot owrse to drive about in as a young guy.

How much was he wanting when he was selling 6/7k?

Iceberg 172
I'm not being funny but for someone to spend that much on a rep then they'd have the money to spend on insurance. When I was younger I earnt an awful lot of money compared to my outgoings so I spent fortunes on insurance. I'd never of spent the money making a cheap to run car look like a fast one.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Nice-......

Even has the replica wear on the drivers bolster.........

S

Vectra SRi
it goes on alot around here, buy a bumpy, get someone to steal a car (i've heared of someone who had a black vxr stolen off a forecourt for £700) and bobs your uncle!

guy down the road had a brand new focus rs in green a few weeks back, turned out to be a diesel, full replica and i mean everything was rs, would never have noticed!!

it goes on alot around here, buy a bumpy, get someone to steal a car (i've heared of someone who had a black vxr stolen off a forecourt for £700) and bobs your uncle!

guy down the road had a brand new focus rs in green a few weeks back, turned out to be a diesel, full replica and i mean everything was rs, would never have noticed!!

that rs sounds cool imo i do love a good rep :eek:

Last edited:
  Iceberg 172
I'm sorry but how people can just accuse that of being stolen parts is just outrageous!!!

Fair play for you buying it... I think it's amazing and tbh, for an 18yo would be perfect... in fact I wouldn't mind driving around it it myself!

People amaze me on forums... if you're young and have money you're just hated!! I used to get flamed for the money I spent on insurance when I was younger... could never understand it!

Here's the scenario's...

1) You buy a nice, fast decent car, spend no money modding it but a lot on insurance

You'll get grilled for spending a lot on insurance and you'll also write it off cos you're young and that means you're a s**t driver.

2) You buy a smaller engine car and spend loads on making it look like a perfect rep

You'll get grilled for wasting money on making it look like something it's not.

Albi blue 197
i think its a rep but likes he's even stated its a cat c he seems to know what he's talking about i recon it was bought brand new with the 197 kit alredy on and was crashed like that so just bought the new 197 parts if that makes sense