ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Rolling road surprising results

unfortunatly there were no other cars running as it was just on the off chance they weren't busy.

i'll check my spark plugs tomorrow and compression test it, but its not long been serviced. Its never run amazingly smoothly and it shows on the graph. My fuel comsumption has always sat around 24-25mpg but i do a mixture of town and motorway miles so thought that was normal.

Wanna meet somewhere on the weekend Luke mate?

Liquid Yellow 197 F1
Yer ok Louis Saturday mid dayish?? Is that any good? Some where in Hertford maybe?

Looking at my calander i can only do sunday afternoon as its my bday weekend, if not what about a lunch time during the week?

Liquid Yellow 197 F1
Hmm that would be a bit tricky for me as i'm up at spurs on Sunday mate. Yer a week day lunch or the next weekend is fine with me.

Liquid Yellow 197 F1
So my car has gone into renault this morning for some warrenty work to be carried out, i told them about having it being so low on power and they are going to run a dianostics test to see if there are any faults on it. I should hopefully find out this afternoon if theres anything up.

Skoda fabia Vrs
any news? my twingo makes more power than ur car m8... Must not be right

133.6 bhp engine
108.8 bhp wheels
105.5 ft-lb torque (wheels)

Liquid Yellow 197 F1
So i went and picked the car up after work yesterday, and they had run a few tests on the car and its now booked in for work to be done next tuesday.

By the sounds of it my engine was not in very good shape. They have ordered in new cam sensors, a new vvt unit, a timing kit, and they also think the throttle body may be clogged up.

All being done on warrenty along with my passenger seat which has started ripping. They will only give 1 seat per side so i'm thinking i may invest in some seat covers now.

Arctic 182 + yozza
if they sort it, 50bhp more is going to feel amazing when you get it back!

hope you get it sorted dude, im in hertford now and then so should meet up for a spin

Chav Rocket
all these hertford people, im up there twice a week friday evening and sunday evenings you guys ever have any meets?

Liquid Yellow 197 F1
if they sort it, 50bhp more is going to feel amazing when you get it back!

Thats what i'm thinking, plus it should be getting remapped a couple of days after i get it back so maybe a little more then 50bhp and hopefully a fair bit more torque :)!!

I keep seeing threads on Hertford meets but they never seem to happen.

Peugeot 106 Rallye ITB'd.
any news? my twingo makes more power than ur car m8... Must not be right

133.6 bhp engine
108.8 bhp wheels
105.5 ft-lb torque (wheels)

he is 119bhp atw. how'd you work out you got more??

i think im as excited as you are lukey boy

Liquid Yellow 197 F1
I got my car back last night, I found exactly what the problem was as well. The cam de-phaser, for those that don't know its what makes the VVT work, had a spur of metal on it which was catching on the cam and stoping it from moving the Valve crossover period. This meant the VVT hasn't been working for god knows how long?

I also had it remapped by 1 of the mechanics down there i think he had a RS Tuner or similar, and boy has my car transformed now. Its exactly how i expected it to be. Had a couple of little test against friends (on my private runway) 1 mk focus RS, and an old Vtec civic. I gave the focus a bit of a shock kept with it to around 90 beans. and the civic is always behind now, where as before i was always trailing both.

I got a new passenger seat bottom as mine had started ripping, slight problem with it is that renault have changed the fabric of them and i already had a drivers 1 so i don't think i can swap the drivers for the new style.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
I got my car back last night, I found exactly what the problem was as well. The cam de-phaser, for those that don't know its what makes the VVT work, had a spur of metal on it which was catching on the cam and stoping it from moving the Valve crossover period. This meant the VVT hasn't been working for god knows how long?

I also had it remapped by 1 of the mechanics down there i think he had a RS Tuner or similar, and boy has my car transformed now. Its exactly how i expected it to be. Had a couple of little test against friends (on my private runway) 1 mk focus RS, and an old Vtec civic. I gave the focus a bit of a shock kept with it to around 90 beans. and the civic is always behind now, where as before i was always trailing both.

I got a new passenger seat bottom as mine had started ripping, slight problem with it is that renault have changed the fabric of them and i already had a drivers 1 so i don't think i can swap the drivers for the new style.

Good to hear they have sorted your engine for you. The car must feel night and day in comparason now. Get it back on the rollers and see what its putting out now.

As for the seat id personally be complaining to Renault UK. Is it acceptable for a car under 3 yrs old to have seats of differing fabric due to a manufacturing defect in the first place? I think not. If they wont swap them both for matching seats then take them to the small claims court as the seats are not fit for purpose anyway with wearing so much. Its a well known problem on the 197 recaros.

I spoke to Andy at renault dude about your car (im having something very small done) and he said you were gnna remap it, has the MPG gone up?

Liquid Yellow 197 F1
Good point Russ, I would have said this isn't the dealers fault so maybe i should take it up with Renault UK. Are there any details on here for contacting them?

Louism yer he said you'd popped in and asked about my car, what are you having done? The car is so much different now. As to the MPG i haven't really given it a chance to get a constant reading as i'm enjoying myself to much. I will keep a tab on it over the next few weeks. Its on like 22 atm but i've been booting it constantly.

Me, Lukey boy and Caz went down to Atspeed Racing today for a cheeky lil Dyno run. The results were surprising. but i wont steal lukes thunder, i'll let him tell you the results.

Another thread of excuses. Renault has some serious quality assurance issues.

Im suprised that instead of making excuses, a club like this isnt pressuring renault into improving the tolerances of their manufacturing so that the engine produce book figures.

Track 172 & Golf R32
Me, Lukey boy and Caz went down to Atspeed Racing today for a cheeky lil Dyno run. The results were surprising. but i wont steal lukes thunder, i'll let him tell you the results.

And me! Wheres the love u r****d

Da

Less

Good news on the power side of things :)

Just for info - I had my drivers seat replaced many moons ago, under warranty, and they couldn't match it to the passengers either. I refused to accept it and they replaced my passenger seat too.

Keep at them :)

And me! Wheres the love u r****d

oh yea some nob cheese called lewis followed us there lol.

here ya go you little tart.

Me, Lukey boy, Caz AND Lewis went down to Atspeed Racing today for a cheeky lil Dyno run. The results were surprising. but i wont steal lukes thunder, i'll let him tell you the results.

Liquid Yellow 197 F1
Mine came out at 170.3 bhp at the wheels, and 147 lbft at the wheels.

Not sure on exact transmission loss but im pleased with the result.

Oh and it managed to snap a belt on the dyno...which no one else managed to do.

Last edited:
Snap a belt?????
There was a bracket that they have been meaning to adjust for sometime, so they did it there and then.

either way, bloody good result for ya though.

Liquid Yellow 197 F1
Did you not see the state of the belt they took off? Your just jealous that your car didnt manage it.

Yer i am so pleased with the result.

MY10 R35 GTR
can remember doing a rolling road in my 182.

179.6hp atf cant remember the torque.

There was another 182 there with decat, exhaust and panel filter. it ran 175hp.

On a dyno between different days I wouldnt overly worry of a fifference of 2/3hp atf. Its never going to be exactly the same ever time

Liquid Yellow 197 F1
My car is not fat your car is just anerexic.

I'm sure we'll do another 1 in the future mate, would have been good to compare mine and yours though.

My car came out at 119bhp at the wheels 2 weeks ago mate, i had a lot of work done on it by renault and it came out 170.3 bhp at the wheels this weekend. So nothing to do with the rollers. Mine was also mapped and the settings on the computers weren't changed between mine and cazzy197's car going on.

It's not anorexic she's just watching her figure, unlike your car, its more of a Vannesa Felts lol Where mine is slim, fit and sexy like Ms Cheryl Tweedy!!

was good to see yours and Caz's on the same rollers with in 5 mins of each hour, plus a 172 on straight afters.