ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 supercharger

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
to be fair that is a lot of money.

But in some ways I would have rather kept my 206 GTi and turboed it for the same price I paid for my 182! Just cause its different, and I would presume faster!?

the GTi just weren't mint enough to keep anymore though...

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
are they? i've no idea, what have you heard?

Worth a wee search? I sure i read some horrific feedback from them.

Who said the r26 handles better! It's a tank! R27 was wayyy more nimble and fun imo.

I was 10 tenths around cadwell and the 197 was supreme! Would have it over the R26 anyday!
Your (scottish) opinion. The diesel Meg sport laps Bedford quicker than the 197cup (in Evo), so I fail to see how it would be close to the R26. When Autocar did the big test last year, "dropped the 197 with ease".

Renaultsport Clio 197
The diesel Meg sport laps Bedford quicker than the 197cup (in Evo), so I fail to see how it would be close to the R26. When Autocar did the big test last year, "dropped the 197 with ease".

LOL at that.

I don't agree that the 197 handles better than an R26...
Never driven a meg dci sport but can't imagine it can handle better.
Maybe IT "likes" the bedford more because of it's massive torque.But better handling - :nono:

clio sport 197
i got an email off them 2. so whats going to be the final price fitted then???? i cant wait i am going to get it done straight away no probs everything put to one side. this is 1st on my chrimbo list lol...

oh and btw, superchargers are more reliable then turbo kits, correct ?

and power troughout the rev range?
Superchargers are no more reliable its down to setup and how its done.
Depend what type of superchrager etc how the power is
I can understand filters/remaps etc, but £4000 on a charger that will void 99% of your warranty just sounds a bit dumb.
Only voids warently on parts which can be proved to have failed due to the mods

BLK 197 F1
I went down to bbpt today, it's just round the corner (135 miles lol). They're going to be using a rotrex supercharger. And will be ready to fit around christmas ish

Lionel Richie
still no need, they're straight off the Megane 225/230/F1/R26 they cope fine with 270bhp under the bonnet (remapped) and its heavier