ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 test drive

172CUP/Fiesta supersport
Had a nimbus grey 197 out yesterday as my cup was in for a service and this is my verdict after living with the 197 for around 6hrs,
INTERIOR
The driving position is vastly improved with the fully height and fore/aft adjustable steering wheel,the wheel its self is gorgeous to grasp and a nice size.The seats (non recaro) are superb also and very grippy yet comfortable but the dash looked uber plasticy and the wiper/indicator stalks felt as if they would snap at any time.
PERFORMANCE/RUNNING GEAR
The gearbox felt sweet with very close ratios with around 500rpm drops between gears so it was still as buzzy at speed as the 1*2's,the brakes were a bit underwhelming considering the 4pots at the front! they were nowhere near as good as my cup with brembo HC discs & greenstuff pads which really did surprise me! the handling tho was great with very little body roll and a very tight yet compliant ride which rode the roughish ground with ease whereas my cup would be bump steering like a mofo, it felt really planted at speed also but at lower speeds the turn in was crap and the steering was waaaaay too light. The engine felt really underpowered for the weight of the car and didn't pull at all until nigh on 4k revs there was also a flat spot between 2-3k, once you get it singing it wasn't too bad and you could certainly tell that there was a lot more grip to be had with the 215 tyres but still felt a good bit slower than the cup.......

all in all I was a little dissapointed with my 197 experience and was glad to get back into my cup which instantly felt so much more eager and direct.

cheers.

Tangoed Works
As i found it too. just too lethargic on pick up and i felt you had to be so careful changing lanes as the beast is fcukin mahoosive.

E90
I dont know where Im going
But, I sure know where Ive been
Hanging on the promises
In songs of yesterday
An Ive made up my mind,
I aint wasting no more time
But, here I go again
Here I go again

Tho I keep searching for an answer,
I never seem to find what Im looking for
Oh lord, I pray
You give me strength to carry on,
cos I know what it means
To walk along the lonely street of dreams

An here I go again on my own
Goin down the only road Ive ever known,
Like a hobo* I was born to walk alone
An Ive made up my mind

Im just another heart in need of rescue,
Waiting on loves sweet charity
An Im gonna hold on
For the rest of my days,
cos I know what it means

Like a hobo* I was born to walk alone
An Ive made up my mind

But, here I go again,
Here I go again,
Here I go again,
Here I go...

An Ive made up my mind,

Like a hobo I was born to walk alone
cos I know what it means

Like a hobo I was born to walk alone
An Ive made up my mind
I aint wasting no more time...

But, here I go again,
Here I go again,
Here I go again,
Here I go,
Here I go again...

172CUP/Fiesta supersport
renault dealership in inverness, it may have helped that a good friend of mine is a salesman there!

cup 182 mit stripes
High MOZZalba, Is that Mike you're referring to? He threw me the card to the demo and said ''Take it back in a couple of hours, dont wrapp it''