ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 vs. KW

PH1 172
Took delivery of my KW V1 coilovers thanks to the KTec Double December Discount Offer - but due to the freezing cold weather only got them fitted about 2 weeks ago!

Not much difference in regards to height from the H&R springs - but the handling is unreal! After having Spax and Gaz fully adjustable coilovers in two previous clios i can see exactly why these are worth the extra money!

Also got my personal plate on the car and apart from that everything else is the same - so after a quick (3hr :p) wash down i took some pics - excuse the quality - i had been out in the cold too long to give a stuff :p

Before:

7.gif

After:

coils2.gif

coils3.gif

coils1.gif

Next thing is to get it fully machine polished when it warms up - then come april/may think about changing wheels. Was considering the white speedline alloys? possibly even the cup racer magnesium ones?

Opinions/comments welcome

/Ross

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Awesome! As a always said KW are miles beta than H&R, GAZ, FK etc...Imo the ride is better than AST's too! But not driven them!

Looks mint.

M

mini-valver

Stunning! Have the pics been doctored? The red really stands out compared with other Ultra reds I've seen!

PH1 172
Stunning! Have the pics been doctored? The red really stands out compared with other Ultra reds I've seen!

resized in photoshop thats it - its wearing 5-6 layers of supernatural and topped up with a spray of Z8 every 2/3 washes!

Although it is very very very swirly underneath so the red doesnt stand out as much as it should :(

but come into better weather we will sort that :D

any ideas on wheels? would the white look good or would you stick to dark? not sure on the black speedlines though :S

few wee chips on these ones is really irritating me - so gonna get another set and spray these black and use for track wheels :cool:

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Awesome! As a always said KW are miles beta than H&R, GAZ, FK etc...Imo the ride is better than AST's too! But not driven them!

Looks mint.
Meh, you've only got KW's because you couldn't get H&R's! Lovely car there.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

Looks mint.

You fag!!! As if H&R's are in the same bracket as GAZ............. The air is thin up in them hills i tell thee!!!

Anyway, awesome mate, sits about the same as mine. In the next few months i'm gonna source a bootlid, and trial a Cup Spoiler me thinks.

Last edited:
  Porsche Boxster987S
is it wrong to want a 197 more and more each time i see pics of them??:quiet: I think if i could get one for around 9k id be very tempted. (cant believe im saying that!) Thats a fantastic looking motor!! One of the 197s best on here

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
You fag!!! As if H&R's are in the same bracket as GAZ............. The air is thin up in them hills i tell thee!!!

Anyway, waesome mate, sits about the same as mine. In the next few months i'm gonna source a bootlid, and trial a Cup Spoiler me thinks.
And the only AST car he's been in was on the wrong springs. Clueless IIRC ;)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
And the only AST car he's been in was on the wrong springs. Clueless IIRC ;)

;)

Beasty running ok now? :)

The haters are turning :approve: Mine needs a GOOD going over, had some time put aside this Christmas, but with it being so cold it aint happened :(

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
The cars running like a trooper now. Birchdown did a cracking job. I'd love to buy a 197 in 10 years time, drop a meg 230 engine in.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Wise Kev (Andy) showed me the tentioner, felt rough, not the first they've seen either.....

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Wise Kev (Andy) showed me the tentioner, felt rough, not the first they've seen either.....
Fred reckoned it was that. Had a look when it was on the car, no play in it, but the noise was horrible. Had a play when I picked the car up, could hear the sound straight away when rotating the fucker.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
lol! H&R's were pants imo! Rear springs are too short like the FK's!,...

ok the AST's i'll pass judgement till i try it again!

White Sti Hatch
is it wrong to want a 197 more and more each time i see pics of them??:quiet: I think if i could get one for around 9k id be very tempted. (cant believe im saying that!) Thats a fantastic looking motor!! One of the 197s best on here

there was a read one in Brechin for £9.8 before crimbo mate

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
lol! H&R's were pants imo! Rear springs are too short like the FK's!,...

ok the AST's i'll pass judgement till i try it again!

Nah, night and day them two.....

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Nah, night and day them two.....

Didn't feel all that different to me. I had FK,H&R, FK again..

And tbh as far as 172 goes i drove Stoddies 172 on V2's and it was the best i drove!

The worst being the GAZ on Chausters 182 that we 'made' fit. lol

"Navy" N17 TWO
Didn't feel all that different to me. I had FK,H&R, FK again..

And tbh as far as 172 goes i drove Stoddies 172 on V2's and it was the best i drove!

The worst being the GAZ on Chausters 182 that we 'made' fit. lol

That's where the plate came from that you were admiring ;)

White clique
Looks very tasty!

In honesty, the white wheels on a 197 looks pretty poor, there have been some pics on here with the white wheels on red somewhere, and it didnt look great, and most comments were that it looked pretty bad. It may look nice with the red brakes behind it though.

I think the anthracite alloys look great, i'll have them off you if you get rid of them (maybe). I think you should stick with them, or maybe go black.