ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

R

revalot

does any one know for any faults with clio197s and could i have a list of the most common.
thanks
rev :approve:

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
steering wheel melts.

Idon't beleive the kangarooing thing tbh. My 197 is very similiar to my 182 on cold. It is what I would call ''tempermental'' of a tuned engine. Never had kangarooing like people say. I reckon that is more down to how the average owner treats it. IT is just hesitant when cold until it gets going a bit.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Mine deffo kangaroo's for the first 2 of starting cold.. in first gear I look like a mentalist at a rock concert.

Haven't had any other problems though.

R

revalot

thats what im getting alot guys aparently my mate recons that the rear busheses are comon to

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Climate not working.
Alloys flaking.
Irregular paint finishes.
Front headlights marking wings.
Gearbox issues early mods.
Some drink oil.
The list goes on, mine was a 197 Cup & was faultless.
Even the way i drove it;)

Nimbus 197
mine kangaroooos im afraid!! but i thought that was my feet lol... doesnt do it all the time x only changing from 1st to second .. but then again not all the time x lol

R

revalot

ive got a cup and the only problems ive had is with the brakes warping and the kanarooing when cold also had problems with the front springs nocking.
atleast there not as bad as the 172/182 commons
lol :)

Renault Clio RS 197
Mine deffo kangaroo's for the first 2 of starting cold.. in first gear I look like a mentalist at a rock concert.

Haven't had any other problems though.

Yeah I have the same problem rather funny as I have a de-cat fitted aswell, so it pops a bit and surely makes people think ive stolen the car haha

I've had/got:

Squeaking subframe
Premature wear to seat bolsters
Bubbling paint on alloys
Rust spots on bumper and underside of boot lid - this was from bits of metal fallen inside the boot skin from when they attached the cup spoiler.
Air-con not cold
Exhaust blows from cat to centre section join when cold
Clutch release bearing (I think) sticks when cold.

Think thats it. Cars 10k and 12 months old.