ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1st service 12000 or 18000???????

Fiesta Zetec
Got my clio new in september. when i got it the dealer said the 1st service is at 18000 miles. Ive noticed many of you have had a 12000 mile service.

whats the score?

18k miles, or 2 years, seems an awful long time to leave the same oil in your car. I'd be thinking of at least changing the oil in the first year.

MINI JCW
18k or 2 year for clios

12k or 2 years for renaulsport models

I have currently done 7k mile in about 14 months, do you reckon I should have an oil change or shall i just wait till 12k or 2 years like Renault say?

Mazda MX5 1.8
im getting mine done every 15k so everything gets changed before its "due"

so 36k service will be done at 30k

just for peace of mind really

A4 Avant & A3
I tend to change mine myself half way between service intervals.
So i changed the oil in my old 1.2 after 9k or 1 year, then had it serviced at 18k or 2 years.

Saying that i'd better see how many miles i've done in the cup... sure it'll be due a 6k oil change in the not to distant future.

***is it a bit tight getting the oil filter off of a 172?? not even looked as yet.
What is a decent oil to use too?

172 cup and Saab 9-3
i use the elf full synth i think it's called xtr there was a noticable change in engine noise and performance i know it sounds like tosh but totally true

RENAULT NORMALLY SAY 18K OR 2YEARS ........... OWNERS CHOICE REALLY 12K OR 18K , 1YEAR OR 2YEARS ;) .
mines due , done 13k in 2 years .......................?