ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1st Trackday Castle Combe - Only a few pics

Suzuki Jimny
How did you get the picture from the photographer? I've e-mailed a few times with no reply :(

Evo 5 RS
lol, try some PE2s! I think after 2 or 3 pints I could just about stomach up the balls to drive on track in the rain with Spec 2s! :eek:.

Looks like you had a great day though, can't wait to get mine out there

Megane Diesel / 172
lol, try some PE2s! I think after 2 or 3 pints I could just about stomach up the balls to drive on track in the rain with Spec 2s! :eek:.

Looks like you had a great day though, can't wait to get mine out there

The Spec 2's were great in the dry but it was 'interesting' in the wet, looking at some Yoko Advan Neova AD08 for my trackday wheels, heard good things about them in the wet and dry, the Spec 2's are my road going compromise.

I get a deal on Yoko's if you're wondering why I'm such a fan!
[h=1][/h]

Megane Diesel / 172
i was there in the black 182 had a chat with you was a very good day apart from the rain

Hi again, it was good, but as you say the rain changed the track completely didn't it!! Lovely sound you had coming from those ITB's too!

Megane Diesel / 172
What suspension has this got? love the stance it has, did you get much rubbing when cornering hard?

Its the KTR coilovers, everybody seems to hate them on here but I find them fine, certainly didn't show myself up out on track although there was some seriously quick machinery out there!

But yes, there was some rubbing on the hard corners, need to higher it a couple of notchs next time maybe, but it wasn't that bad and I didn't do any damage to the tyres.

Evo 5 RS
I've used them on track and for the money they're not bad. If anything they're more useful on track than on the road as they're crashy as hell

Megane Diesel / 172
Did Castle Combe last year for the first time, great circuit.

Car looks planted and great on track. Love the wheels.

Thanks, love the wheels too, old skool cool rules as far as I'm concerned, had turbines on my first Mark 1 16v and loved them ever since.

But I've got these little beauties getting some Yoko Advan Neova AD08 put on soon for the next trackday (you've got to have a sense of humour haven't you) :p

View attachment 76811

Megane Diesel / 172
Finally managed to sort the video, only dry session I managed to record (my brother driving), and the one where ClioDan 26 let us pass him! You can hear the rubbing where I needed to raise the front up a couple of notches (and me telling my brother to slow down, you can tell its my daily drive and not his!!)

Car's coming off the road to keep as a track day toy and being stripped out in June so at least next time I won't be so nervous!!! :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
  S1 Rallye Shed
Sounds nice. I would be a bit nervous if it was my brother driving tbh. Looks like a fast circuit, shame i live so far away. You were lying bout the scrubbing lol.

Megane Diesel / 172
Sounds nice. I would be a bit nervous if it was my brother driving tbh. Looks like a fast circuit, shame i live so far away. You were lying bout the scrubbing lol.

As I said, there was 'some' rubbing... very open ended amount 'some'!!! ;)

Megane Diesel / 172
I tad nervous, LOL. You can tell your worried.

Does look a pretty quick track.

Its obvious isn't it, I cringed when I first heard meself but now I just find it funny!

One of the fastest tracks in the country apparently and during the briefing they told us that Quarry corner accounts for 25% of ALL accidents on race tracks in the UK, so that scares the shite out of you before you even get on track!!

Get day tho and once you get yourself bedded in you really can be quick around there.