ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2.0 16 Williams F7P ITB - power steering pump fitment

Clio Hybrid
Guys, long time since I have been here.
I know that some of you have built 2.0 16v F7P engine with ITB from Jenvey.

I am almost done with mine, but I have a small technical problem.

I have installed manifold together with air hornes on the engine block, but it seems that there is not enough space for power steering pump. It looks like one side of the manifold could be let say "cutted" off but I am sure that you have found better solution for this 2-3 mm.

Please help :)

here is the picture of the engine http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/3527/dsc03484s.jpg

Last edited:
  HBT 172 Cup
This is the problem with short ITB manifolds on the F7 engines. I had the same sort of problem, i ground away the back of the pump with an angle grinder, there is enough meat on the pump to do this without damageing its functionality.

Its either that, or buy a longer manifold, or grind your current manifold.

Clio Hybrid
This is the problem with short ITB manifolds on the F7 engines. I had the same sort of problem, i ground away the back of the pump with an angle grinder, there is enough meat on the pump to do this without damageing its functionality.

Its either that, or buy a longer manifold, or grind your current manifold.

I thought that there was only one manifold lenght (I remember when I was ordering parts from Jenvery they informed me that I should get also head gasket from Renault Megane 2.0 16V and this manifold would be dedicated for it)

Additionaly, is there enough space for longer manifold? I think that there would be already not enough space for air hornes (will have to cut the front belt, and buy new cooler/radiator)

ITB'd MK1
the chadil manifold needs quite a lot of modification to stop it fouling on various parts. dont be afraid to cut bits of it away, there's a lot of excess material on it

ITB'd MK1
Laine is refering to the Megane F7R which has 2 different manifolds available. The Williams F7R has only one, which needs material removing so it will fit

Clio Hybrid
Laine is refering to the Megane F7R which has 2 different manifolds available. The Williams F7R has only one, which needs material removing so it will fit

Strange, I am 100% sure while ordering all parts from Jenvey they informed me that the best solution (for better results) would be Megane's F7R head gasket and I could only get one suitable manifold. Is that mean that the manifold that I got is for Williams F7R not Megane head gasket ??

Well, but if I can take off something from the pump and it will fit thats not a problem anymore.

Can someone remind me what have you received on such engines? (woessner pistons, catcams camshafts, VEMS or DTA standalone etc.....)?

ITB'd MK1
Oh sorry, you have the jenvey manifold for the megane head (picture wasn't working for me) That's a different matter as far as modification to fit goes. I've never used one of those personally so i'm not totally sure where it would foul, and the only times i've seen it used the power steering has been removed.

Jenvey are right though, their manifold with SF bodies is a better system

ITB'd MK1
these are SF's

200210710457923580.jpg

and these are DCOE

45mm%20DCOE.gif

Clio Hybrid
these are SF's

200210710457923580.jpg

and these are DCOE

45mm%20DCOE.gif

Hmm, ok then. Hopefullly I will be able to fit the pump with all I got now. And I also hope that I will get some recent result with Jenvey manifold and Jenvey air hornes etc....

What was the power result of the white MK1 here on this forum. I though that this clio had exactly the same partst sa mine?