ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2.5" SATA hard disk USB enclosure advice wanted.

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
Hi, basically I want 1 of those little box converters that lets you connect a laptop hard drive through usb. There are so many different 1's on ebay, some with different connections, some with or without external power source. Can anyone shed any light on this for me please? My workmate lent me 1 today but his was for a hard drive with lots of pins at 1 end, mine has a card type connector. Can someone please post me an ebay link for what I need!

Thanks

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348525352.947140.jpg

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
just bought that top 1, for £7 inc p+p its a bargain! only have to wait 2 days to get it sent as well.

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
On a separate note, im basically just wanting to pull some files off my HDD because the computer refuses to boot up, problem with windows or something.

Once i have retrieved the files i want could i just wipe the drive and stick a copy of windows onto it and effectively have a 'new computer'? Or stick a new drive in it again with windows. Would i have any problems with things like the built in bluetooth/wireless drivers etc?