ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

20 year old / 2 years NCB / PH1 172. £1150 good price?

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Looking to upgrade to a 172 next Summer and have been doing quotes as if I were a year older with extra NCB etc (to match what it'll be when I buy one) and using comparison sites and sites themselves the cheapest I've come to is £1150 fully comp with admiral (my bro's insured his 172 with them so maybe able to get a discount too...).

Considering my first year of 1.2 was £1850 and currently in 2nd year with £900, I think it's pretty good! lol.

I haven't had a chance to check brentacre, greenlight, etc etc but if anyone could recommend one?

Oh and sorry for posting a thread that comes up a million times a day... :/

Edit - forgot to mention like-for-like mods would be a bonus...

Last edited:
  Titanium 182
My renewal's coming up soon - I'm 20yrs old, have 3years no claims and I'm being quoted £780. So yours sounds like a fair enough price tbh, maybe a little bit overpriced?

133, 182, Kangoo 182
You could always try NUF mutual
Thanks, will try.
My renewal's coming up soon - I'm 20yrs old, have 3years no claims and I'm being quoted £780. So yours sounds like a fair enough price tbh, maybe a little bit overpriced?
Hmm, and yours is a ph2 if that's it in your avvy? Might do a quote on a ph2 actually saying that (Edit - as I expected it went up. Ah well, I'll stick to the PH1 idea)...

Titanium 182
Thanks, will try.

Hmm, and yours is a ph2 if that's it in your avvy? Might do a quote on a ph2 actually saying that (Edit - as I expected it went up. Ah well, I'll stick to the PH1 idea)...

Ph1's are cool! ;)

Yeah mine's a ph2 - not sure if I'm going to keep it when it's up for renewal, being at uni has it's perks and I barely use the poor thing!

133, 182, Kangoo 182
So really I should be seeing quotes between £900-£1100. That's good IMO and will defo be saving up for it! :)

Ph1 172
im jst bout to renew my insurance, i will be 20 with 2yrs NCB, went on green light n it says tht can only insure if over 21s? did u use one of the links for under 21's they give?
cheers

Titanium 182
I'm 20 with 3 years ncb and I pay £900 tpfat with all mods decalred on my ph1 172 with adrian flux : /

BG182®
Depending on where you live plays a bigger part in your quote than most people think. I pay £700 at 21 with 4 years no claims but if I insured the car where I work (Enfield) then I would have to pay an extra £600.

So if someone the same age as you with the same no claims is paying 2-300 less, than it's no doubt because they live in a lower rating area... I would assume.

Google ''insurance postcode ratings'' and your see what I mean. £1000 is not a bad price tbh. I've seen worse quotes before.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
im 22 and i have 4 yrs ncb and to insure a trophy its £846 a year fully comp with direct line

133, 182, Kangoo 182
im jst bout to renew my insurance, i will be 20 with 2yrs NCB, went on green light n it says tht can only insure if over 21s? did u use one of the links for under 21's they give?
cheers

Oops think I might have put 21 by mistake then. :s

Better than yours. C*nt.
I dunno if it's a good price - ask Compare the Market and s**t like that and they'll tell you. We're not Insurance advisors and personal circumstances change every single quote!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Tbh i never understand why people go with quotes "as if it were a years time" away.

Insurance variates daily, checking what it will be when your older with the anticipation of another years ncb will only get your hopes up for would potentially might not be

320d
I'm not paying over £1K next year oitherwise the cars going. Pay £1300 this year @ 19 2NCB 2 Expereicne.

172 cup
If you are using insurance comparative sites, be sure to add you mom/dad as driver's of the car as well, this will lower your rate significantly.

2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
If you are using insurance comparative sites, be sure to add you mom/dad as driver's of the car as well, this will lower your rate significantly.

Do this, as long as no one has had a crash for a while, then stick them on!

Try haggling between Admiral and Bell Direct, they are the same company but different departments, so in case of a claim you will be dealing with the same company.

I managed to get basic fully comp on Bell changed to fully comp with all the trimmings for the same price when I said Admiral could do it cheaper, As the guy on the phone wanted to make the sale, the ball is in your park!

Bell are good for low no claims.

133, 182, Kangoo 182
I dunno if it's a good price - ask Compare the Market and s**t like that and they'll tell you. We're not Insurance advisors and personal circumstances change every single quote!
If you don't know then what's the point replying... or even reading!

I simply wanted to know if people in similar situations were paying that same sort of price or not...

I'm currently with bell and their price for the 172 is about £1180 or something with admiral being the £1150 I stated.