ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

20 Yrs Insurance. . . . . . .

ITB'd 172 POPTART

Im 20 yrs old, almost 21 in June. Im with Tesco Insurance as these quoted me the cheapest at £2400/Yr *£207/mth* Am i gettin ripped off?? Its on a Mk2 172. Thats with almost 3 years no claims aswell. . . . . . .

What is everyone else in my position paying aswell and if Yours is cheaper, id like to know which company your with and how much u Pay.

Thx Craig!

ITB'd 172 POPTART

Ok fellas i got an elephant quote for £1802:18 with 10mths accel bonus :D With my one modification aswell :D Never heard of those b4, but what a reflief. Im gonna run over it again just to make sure i havent messed it up and its correct b4 i get high hopes ;) Cheers Guys

CraiG

Yea, they are good for me too..

They also beat the best quote I got for this year.. (renewel) which was cool. Just had to ring them..

Quote: Originally posted by Craig Ed on 21 February 2005

Ok fellas i got an elephant quote for £1802:18 with 10mths accel bonus :D With my one modification aswell :D Never heard of those b4, but what a reflief. Im gonna run over it again just to make sure i havent messed it up and its correct b4 i get high hopes ;) Cheers Guys

CraiG

Accelerated Bonus is the only way to go :D

Im £2540 fully comp for the Vee..................Im 20 :cool:

Cya Stu

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

I paid aroubd £1300 for 10mths on my 172 with 1 year no claims. Id only just turned 21 when I got that quote.

Burgandy 174 sport t

Quote: Originally posted by stusV6 on 21 February 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Craig Ed on 21 February 2005

CraiG

Accelerated Bonus is the only way to go :D

Im £2540 fully comp for the Vee..................Im 20 :cool:

Cya Stu
I really dont think I would ever pay more than 1k to insure a car

3.0ltr V6

Try Elephant. I hadnt heard of them before but went with them about 8 months ago. They saved me loads. I still pay 900 for my car and thats me being 28 with a clean licence too! Still cheap though.

ITB'd 172 POPTART

Thx for the feedback guys, i gave them a ring n e ways and i inputted 4 yrs ncb by accident so it rose a little bit, but still very reasonable compared to n e one else that quotes me. It came to £1930:70 with only £250 excess. and that with exhaust mod too. I got a few days till end of feb to have a look, so ill check out those other companies. More feedback be cool.

Btw stu they wont even insure me on one of those :p

im 21, 3 yrs NCD buying a 172 in 2 weeks....

i got quoted £1060 from greenlight today, but that was without our discount with a low excess.

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

direct line are good, i got quoted £650 on a 182 24 years old 4 years ncb

everywhere else was £900 plus, i cant believe how much u lot are prepared to pay just to have a fast car its crazy.

ITB'd 172 POPTART

Yea i tried Axa, Confused.com, All those back of Maxpower - fastcar ect, greenflag and admiral. WakoJacko that quote is good :D i live in a gd area too - crimewatch this that. Ill let u all kno if i get a better quote and give u all some feedback so for those future ppl that are gettin ripped off im sure this is a good thread to look back on.

CraiG

Im 24 and have a 02 172. Im with elephant and I got no years claims bonus. Im currently paying a little over £900 fully comp. I found adding an extra driver helps, parking in driveway or garage and not running up too many miles on the clock (8,000 a year 4 me) drops the price dramtically.

ITB'd 172 POPTART

Quote: Originally posted by Day172 on 21 February 2005

Can you not get any discounts through work Craig?

That purple brochure thing ;)

Oh yea that NAFFI discount. Yea already tried that they rip me off royaly. Like £4k +

*what have i done to diserve this punishment, just cos i wanted a nice car*

Im gettin a new quote cos my insurer atm is charging me an extra £280/yr for an exhaust that ktec are fitting next month.

Suzuki SV1000S

Mate try admiral too. they are the sister company of elephant and they have different rates. I change between these too pretty much every year, cant tell which will be cheaper. But this year Im on admiral lol

307 hdi (powered by derv)

direct line gave me a cheap quote the other day. 1180 on a 182 cup. im 21 with 2 years ncb and nearly 5 years of driving.

Shaw