ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

20 Yrs Insurance. . . . . . .

ITB'd 172 POPTART

Im 20 yrs old, almost 21 in June. Im with Tesco Insurance as these quoted me the cheapest at £2400/Yr *£207/mth* Am i gettin ripped off?? Its on a Mk2 172. Thats with almost 3 years no claims aswell. . . . . . .

What is everyone else in my position paying aswell and if Yours is cheaper, id like to know which company your with and how much u Pay.

Thx Craig!

ITB'd 172 POPTART

Ok fellas i got an elephant quote for £1802:18 with 10mths accel bonus :D With my one modification aswell :D Never heard of those b4, but what a reflief. Im gonna run over it again just to make sure i havent messed it up and its correct b4 i get high hopes ;) Cheers Guys

CraiG

Yea, they are good for me too..

They also beat the best quote I got for this year.. (renewel) which was cool. Just had to ring them..

Quote: Originally posted by Craig Ed on 21 February 2005

Ok fellas i got an elephant quote for £1802:18 with 10mths accel bonus :D With my one modification aswell :D Never heard of those b4, but what a reflief. Im gonna run over it again just to make sure i havent messed it up and its correct b4 i get high hopes ;) Cheers Guys

CraiG

Accelerated Bonus is the only way to go :D

Im £2540 fully comp for the Vee..................Im 20 :cool:

Cya Stu

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

I paid aroubd £1300 for 10mths on my 172 with 1 year no claims. Id only just turned 21 when I got that quote.

Burgandy 174 sport t

Quote: Originally posted by stusV6 on 21 February 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Craig Ed on 21 February 2005

CraiG

Accelerated Bonus is the only way to go :D

Im £2540 fully comp for the Vee..................Im 20 :cool:

Cya Stu
I really dont think I would ever pay more than 1k to insure a car

3.0ltr V6

Try Elephant. I hadnt heard of them before but went with them about 8 months ago. They saved me loads. I still pay 900 for my car and thats me being 28 with a clean licence too! Still cheap though.

ITB'd 172 POPTART

Thx for the feedback guys, i gave them a ring n e ways and i inputted 4 yrs ncb by accident so it rose a little bit, but still very reasonable compared to n e one else that quotes me. It came to £1930:70 with only £250 excess. and that with exhaust mod too. I got a few days till end of feb to have a look, so ill check out those other companies. More feedback be cool.

Btw stu they wont even insure me on one of those :p

im 21, 3 yrs NCD buying a 172 in 2 weeks....

i got quoted £1060 from greenlight today, but that was without our discount with a low excess.

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

direct line are good, i got quoted £650 on a 182 24 years old 4 years ncb

everywhere else was £900 plus, i cant believe how much u lot are prepared to pay just to have a fast car its crazy.

ITB'd 172 POPTART

Yea i tried Axa, Confused.com, All those back of Maxpower - fastcar ect, greenflag and admiral. WakoJacko that quote is good :D i live in a gd area too - crimewatch this that. Ill let u all kno if i get a better quote and give u all some feedback so for those future ppl that are gettin ripped off im sure this is a good thread to look back on.

CraiG

Im 24 and have a 02 172. Im with elephant and I got no years claims bonus. Im currently paying a little over £900 fully comp. I found adding an extra driver helps, parking in driveway or garage and not running up too many miles on the clock (8,000 a year 4 me) drops the price dramtically.

ITB'd 172 POPTART

Quote: Originally posted by Day172 on 21 February 2005

Can you not get any discounts through work Craig?

That purple brochure thing ;)

Oh yea that NAFFI discount. Yea already tried that they rip me off royaly. Like £4k +

*what have i done to diserve this punishment, just cos i wanted a nice car*

Im gettin a new quote cos my insurer atm is charging me an extra £280/yr for an exhaust that ktec are fitting next month.

Suzuki SV1000S

Mate try admiral too. they are the sister company of elephant and they have different rates. I change between these too pretty much every year, cant tell which will be cheaper. But this year Im on admiral lol

307 hdi (powered by derv)

direct line gave me a cheap quote the other day. 1180 on a 182 cup. im 21 with 2 years ncb and nearly 5 years of driving.

Shaw