ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200 bhp clio

BLACK 197!!
jus go for the k-tec turbo conversion bloomin expensive but gettin a healthy 265bhp from there demo one.

think its about 5k fitted for the stage one

172 cup TT
jus go for the k-tec turbo conversion bloomin expensive but gettin a healthy 265bhp from there demo one.

My box died last night (ooh matron!)..what would it be like with that kind of power running through it - id be so paranoid booting it.

BLACK 197!!
would be pretty scary but they do say on the rite up for the conversion that would be worth considering suspension and brake upgrade..........well duh!!!dont they do like a diff thing as well??

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
Well i was,nt given a choice!
But all the power is wasted gettin off the line!
ben-p, i wouldnt be so sure, especially when you can see an evo viii do a 13.8@santa pod &a clio with tb,s do a 13sec dead!

Who's done 13 dead:eek: thats where I wanna be this year....gonna have to use some phat slicks though!

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2

My box died last night (ooh matron!)..what would it be like with that kind of power running through it - id be so paranoid booting it.

Our car has had some serious stick and we have not had any gearbox issues. We ran with a standard gearbox from a Trophy for a while (while the diff was being fitted) and we did not have a single problem even after 50+ hot laps of Bruntingthorp where we scared a few of our customers with rides in the car.

David.

Turbos.
oh and chrisK's 172 ran a 5.6 at fcs.. thats not m3 speed.

with respect to Chris that was him driving it, not me. I'll get well under that and the 14.3 @ 105 or whatever it ran. it's also not the greatest of surfaces for SQM's as everyone's results were pants. Either way, on the move i'll be pulling away from your 343bhp supercar, this is a fact. I've already had blasts with two M3's with the same result, 2nd time however I was 2 up, not that it made an ounce of difference, as I still pulled a few cars on him up a stretch of the A34.

To what speed...? How much power does your Clio actually have then? Even if you're equalling power-to-weight, there is no getting round that they have 100bhp more once you get rolling.

I don't get how you can only just pull from Chris's Cup and then say you can beat M3s...

Seat Leon Cupra 290
to the actual question of 200bhp, why dont you just strip loads of stuff out of the car, than you would get the same for less money, well no money actually

To what speed...? How much power does your Clio actually have then? Even if you're equalling power-to-weight, there is no getting round that they have 100bhp more once you get rolling.

why does power to weight mean nothing once your rolling?

If you are accellerating in a car that weighs 1500kg you need more power then if you are accellerating in a car that weighs 1000kg to achieve the same figures. Whether that is 0-60, 80-100 whatever speed its the laws of physics.

As speed increases and wind resistance becomes more of a factor the higher power is of benefit but who cares? upto 100mph is enough for me.

A lighter car also handles better and is easier to stop

RenaultSport clio 182
Andyman, power alone isnt going to help you on the quarter mile either. What about changing the gearing, deciding on the right tyre or reducing the weight? Then at the end of the day again it will be down to the driver.

Just talking about power figures alone as I said before is utter crap.

more power is more fun.

The only cure for too much power is more power.

99% of the population can utilise a stock car yet along a modified one, yet alone one they 'do' the chassis work ok.........assuming they will know exactly how to setup a chassis to deliver what they want (if they even know what they want).

And in the thread about 'BHP'........its pretty safe to assume that the only thing that will get a mention is power modifications.

with respect to Chris that was him driving it, not me. I'll get well under that and the 14.3 @ 105 or whatever it ran. it's also not the greatest of surfaces for SQM's as everyone's results were pants. Either way, on the move i'll be pulling away from your 343bhp supercar, this is a fact. I've already had blasts with two M3's with the same result, 2nd time however I was 2 up, not that it made an ounce of difference, as I still pulled a few cars on him up a stretch of the A34.

I don't get how you can only just pull from Chris's Cup and then say you can beat M3s...

it's been RR'd at 240bhp, more likely to be around mid 220's though... so i'm at LEAST equal in power to weight terms, but have less transmission loss.
1st M3 encounter was on the runway I use and was from about 40-120+mph, as it was getting near the end of 4th, 2nd M3 was starting at anything from 50-80mph.

Against Chris' car I was off cam on each comparison, not to mention the fact I had a faulty sensor making the car under or overfuel and cut out. I'll get my RR graph up if i can (laminated so not sure if it will scan too well?), it was 25bhp @ the wheels down as it was, as I have since had a do against the nana with has almost identical power and torque as Chris' but even less weight also starting well off cam. It's hard to get a fair rolling start when you have a 2nd gear that will hit 80mph

Polo GTi
lol @ jealousy..oh god.. i really should be doing better for myself

blue_tit.jpg

throttle bodied mk2 172

it's been RR'd at 240bhp, more likely to be around mid 220's though... so i'm at LEAST equal in power to weight terms, but have less transmission loss.
1st M3 encounter was on the runway I use and was from about 40-120+mph, as it was getting near the end of 4th, 2nd M3 was starting at anything from 50-80mph.

Against Chris' car I was off cam on each comparison, not to mention the fact I had a faulty sensor making the car under or overfuel and cut out. I'll get my RR graph up if i can (laminated so not sure if it will scan too well?), it was 25bhp @ the wheels down as it was, as I have since had a do against the nana with has almost identical power and torque as Chris' but even less weight also starting well off cam. It's hard to get a fair rolling start when you have a 2nd gear that will hit 80mph
i would love to see a video about m3 vs your car

80MPG BEEZA
ugh why's everyone crying over 200bhp i want 300bhp and car down to 900kg's i may never get there but everyone can have a goal, i just want the look on the m3 owners face while i pull away with him staring at my 1.2 badges that worth any price my friends

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
most m3 owners probably wouldnt even rise to the occasion,as much as i like my 172 i'd have an m3 over it any day

dont get me wrong, I LOVE M3's, but they are driven by pompous arrogant c***s that think they own the road... they may own the road but I own them :)

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Hey heres an idea! why dont you just get the ebay resitor kit? that will give you 50+ bhp easy and i hear you can now get adjustable ones too!

i sell them for £1001, you can contact me at imhavingalaugh@itsacon.com

hi all, bye all! :)

dont give up your day job

Impossible... Im a student and dont work! lol.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I thought NOS wasnt road legal?

clio 172
The legality of nitrous use on the road varies from country to country, even within the EU. However, contrary to what many people believe (including some police officers) nitrous oxide injection is legal for road use in the UK and many other countries (just as are turbo chargers and superchargers). According to the Ministry of Transport, the Highway Code and the MOT handbook there is no law prohibiting the use of nitrous injection. However just as with any tuning modification, the owner must inform their insurance company and obtain adequate cover otherwise any performance modification would be illegal. Therefore the only way you will break the law by having your street car fitted with a nitrous kit in the UK, is if you fail to inform your insurance company that you have one. Insuring a nitrous injected vehicle has become easier since WON joined forces with Adrian Flux to provide all their customers with a better chance of obtaining adequate insurance cover. Some other insurance companies such as Greenlight Insurance also offer cover for nitrous equipped cars

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172
at the end of the day the m3 is a nicer place to be

Funny that, i spoke to an M3 owner a while back and asked if it was as good as people make out-he said "If you want a car that,ll beat anything off the lights then its ideal but driving around town is a right pig to drive"
On that theory id prefer a chipped up clio as their easier to drive!

Mountune Tractor
This question has been asked soooooo many times. The answer is sooooo obvious!
BUY A CAR WITH 200HP YOU NUTTA!

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
at the end of the day the m3 is a nicer place to be

Funny that, i spoke to an M3 owner a while back and asked if it was as good as people make out-he said "If you want a car that,ll beat anything off the lights then its ideal but driving around town is a right pig to drive"

there not a pig to drive round town. smg and the manual box is a walk in the park.. seats are like arm chairs with about 3 million adjustments, the dual zone climate keeps you snug or cool. no rattles, no stupid hard clutch, no problem.

what would be funny is to treat the TB clio boys to a m3 for week. then read there posts afterward.. well the clio handles much better.. ohh yes my clio feels much more stable at these speeds..oh well the clio feel quicker mid range.

oh god.

Impreza STI v5
At the end of the day how can you compare at 12 small hot hatch with a 50+ grand salon car they are in diff legues all together whats the point, a better agument a RS4 is a hell of alot better than the M3 :D at least there are in the same catagory

Impreza STI v5
At the end of the day how can you compare at 12 grand small hot hatch with a 50+ grand salon car they are in diff legues all together whats the point, a better agument a RS4 is a hell of alot better than the M3 :D at least there are in the same catagory

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172
G MAN i totally compare as an M3 comes under prestiage car/Its a complete different league

Mustang, S13, AX GT

there not a pig to drive round town. smg and the manual box is a walk in the park.. seats are like arm chairs with about 3 million adjustments, the dual zone climate keeps you snug or cool. no rattles, no stupid hard clutch, no problem.

what would be funny is to treat the TB clio boys to a m3 for week. then read there posts afterward.. well the clio handles much better.. ohh yes my clio feels much more stable at these speeds..oh well the clio feel quicker mid range.

oh god.
We all know that BMW owners are worse than the people on here for thinking their cars are the best cars on the road? Plus the only reason you bought a BMW was to try and look important ;) M3 - The supercar for the working class man.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
We all know that BMW owners are worse than the people on here for thinking their cars are the best cars on the road? Plus the only reason you bought a BMW was to try and look important ;) M3 - The supercar for the working class man.

i kinda agree with this, i wouldnt call it the a supercar tho, much rather have a lexus or new volvo. They're all shite next to the Benz's...

And tbh i live in devon, and the amount of BMW's i see pulled over on the side of the road boken down, building the little triangle stay in the back seems to be the most sensible thing they've done.

I supposed, what i trying to say... is if someone were to give me a bmw (with a restirction of me selling it) in the honest truth, i wouldnt even waste my energy to take the keys from them! Merc on the other hand, id be on my hands and knees lol.

oh god.

Yeah could be a good idea to borrow one for a week when I come back from the Nurburgring, I'll fancy something more pedestrian paced :clown:

Our car has had some serious stick and we have not had any gearbox issues. We ran with a standard gearbox from a Trophy for a while (while the diff was being fitted) and we did not have a single problem even after 50+ hot laps of Bruntingthorp where we scared a few of our customers with rides in the car.

David.

I have to be honest, I no great lover of the turbo conversions but I was reading an old copy of EVO earlier, the one with the tuner GP write up in it. I am impressed that the Your turbo clio beat a few RS4s round a track tbh. I mean that might be because no one turned up or they were shite drivers LOL, nonetheless I am still impressed by the lap time.