ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200 Door Replacement

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
I've woken up this morning to find someone's kindly left me a huge dent in my drivers side door and I'm almost certain it cannot be removed due to the large crease in part of the dent.

So I think the obvious option is to change the door itself, the actual replacement doesn't look to bad and is just a case of nuts and bolts the part that worries me is the keyless entry.

How does the system work, will I need to change anything from the old door to the new door in order for it to recognise my key?

If anyone's changed a door before and has any tips they are much appreciated.

M90SR

ClioSport Club Member
I assume the keyless works from the ECU and not the receivers in the door. So straight forward swap should work with no issues. ]
Leave the car unlocked and disconnect the battery and I believe the keyless may have to be re-sync'd after.

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Just to add some pictures,, had a chance to properly looks at it which has 1) made me even angrier and 2) allowed me to check it opens and closes fine which it does thankfully.

Also pretty sure it was an Amazon delivery driver that delivered to us last night

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Gutted for you mate. Happened to both my civic and my MPS. I swapped the doors on both and it was pretty straight forward. Hope you manage to sort it and it doesn't end up costing too much
IMG_20131115_143259.jpg

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Just to add some pictures,, had a chance to properly looks at it which has 1) made me even angrier and 2) allowed me to check it opens and closes fine which it does thankfully.

Also pretty sure it was an Amazon delivery driver that delivered to us last night

Just saw you near Sainsburys at Clapham. How infuriating 😧.

Only good thing out of that is it hasnt damaged your rear quarter.

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Just saw you near Sainsburys at Clapham. How infuriating 😧.

Only good thing out of that is it hasnt damaged your rear quarter.
Ah never saw you, were you in the Clio?

It is good that it's just the door, it really made me think, if it was the rear quarter or the sill, they would still have driven off and your looking at much more significant repair bills. But that made me too angry so I stopped thinking about it.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Ah never saw you, were you in the Clio?

It is good that it's just the door, it really made me think, if it was the rear quarter or the sill, they would still have driven off and your looking at much more significant repair bills. But that made me too angry so I stopped thinking about it.
You/neighbours not got any CCTV?

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
You/neighbours not got any CCTV?
No, annoyingly.
My brother nearly had some put in earlier in the year when he bought an M3 as he's got a mate who fits it for a living, frustratingly he never got it done.

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
That'll be why I missed you then! It is a lovely colour when it hasn't got white paint scuffed down it

Holding off getting a door until I can confirm no one else will pay for it :cry: but there is one on eBay that hopefully will stick around.