ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

(Re)introducing the Alien Green 200, FKU, to the forum

‘11 RS200, ‘97 MX5
Hi all! I've been lazy for far too long so I thought this would be as good a time as any to say hello!

This car might be familiar to some of you, I know that it's changed hands several times on the forum in recent years. Introducing my new to me Alien Green Clio 200:

DSC_0266.JPG
DSC_0045.JPG

Bought the car in August after years of keeping an eye on the classifieds and waiting for my wallet to agree with me (a big thanks to Innes for parting with it, new to the forum so not sure if I can tag him). Since then it has been:
  • around a good chunk of Northwestern Scoland
  • on track at Knockhill
  • over the water to NI for a week or so
I'm still amazed at how clean the car is for the age and number of owners, I almost feel guilty for racking up close to 3k miles!

So far all I've done is fix a few little issues. A fairly severe intermittent power issue reared it's head at Knockhill. Thankfully it turned out to be nothing major, the windscreen washer hose had perished and washer fluid was pooling on top of one of the plug wells. A bad seal on the coil meant the spark plug was almost completely submerged in oily screenwash. New plug and washer pipe and all is well!

plug.jpg

Bogging!

Current plans for the future arent exactly ambitious, just a few wee fixes:
  • Some touch up paint might be on the cards for a few small stone chips
  • A stubby radio aerial to stop the spoiler getting damaged any further
  • Fix the locking buttons on the door handles, either by replacing the entire handle or pulling the thing apart and attempting to replace the microswitch
Looking forward to getting more involved in the forum! Cheers!

Hi all! I've been lazy for far too long so I thought this would be as good a time as any to say hello!

This car might be familiar to some of you, I know that it's changed hands several times on the forum in recent years. Introducing my new to me Alien Green Clio 200:

View attachment 1571441View attachment 1571442

Bought the car in August after years of keeping an eye on the classifieds and waiting for my wallet to agree with me (a big thanks to Innes for parting with it, new to the forum so not sure if I can tag him). Since then it has been:
  • around a good chunk of Northwestern Scoland
  • on track at Knockhill
  • over the water to NI for a week or so
I'm still amazed at how clean the car is for the age and number of owners, I almost feel guilty for racking up close to 3k miles!

So far all I've done is fix a few little issues. A fairly severe intermittent power issue reared it's head at Knockhill. Thankfully it turned out to be nothing major, the windscreen washer hose had perished and washer fluid was pooling on top of one of the plug wells. A bad seal on the coil meant the spark plug was almost completely submerged in oily screenwash. New plug and washer pipe and all is well!

View attachment 1571444
Bogging!

Current plans for the future arent exactly ambitious, just a few wee fixes:
  • Some touch up paint might be on the cards for a few small stone chips
  • A stubby radio aerial to stop the spoiler getting damaged any further
  • Fix the locking buttons on the door handles, either by replacing the entire handle or pulling the thing apart and attempting to replace the microswitch
Looking forward to getting more involved in the forum! Cheers!
Looking good! Keep on top of the routine maintenance and Im sure you wont have any further issues!

‘11 RS200, ‘97 MX5
Wahey! Good to see her back on the forum! Glad to see that she’s still clean as well!

Loved that car. Hope she treats you well mate 👍🏻
Cheers! I don’t see myself getting rid of it for a long time if ever, I’ve been after this exact spec for a long time now and it hasn’t disappointed!
This car won me Modern Car of the Show at Goodwood when I owned it - gorgeous car!
Your award certificate is still in the folder!

Looking good! Keep on top of the routine maintenance and Im sure you wont have any further issues!
Absolutely, I always keep a good schedule and record so hopefully no big issues. Cheers!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Here’s one of the pics that Mossy sent to me:
50E26371-7356-4C23-B924-E0FBF29CD48A.jpeg

And here’s a few more of some scenic road trips and Donington Park whilst in my ownership:
7F533485-161A-4EBC-AEC2-3657729504C7.jpeg
94C7C345-8440-43B7-9354-BE31CF9C5AE1.jpeg
0ECCD611-0BE4-47BC-9709-B49F87F822E8.jpeg
26D53BEC-0130-4904-A277-093C5BED820C.jpeg
A5B6E3DF-595C-40F8-9BD5-30F089359C9B.jpeg
CC8550E1-85C9-4BF8-B15A-FA3972BB7A0F.jpeg
7A73236B-0B5E-495D-B554-4C57981A7CDA.jpeg

And the final shot of FKU as she set off for her new home in Scotland:
CC27D573-4588-485E-BC29-3FF1A9DABDF5.jpeg

On the day at Donington it was absolutely flying - the only mk2 that came past me was fully stripped and running bodies lol! We had the a/c on too 🤣🤣

‘11 RS200, ‘97 MX5
Fantastic! It’s great to see so much of the car’s history on the forum!

On the day at Donington it was absolutely flying - the only mk2 that came past me was fully stripped and running bodies lol! We had the a/c on too 🤣🤣
Haha cracking! It does feel quick but to be fair my only frame of reference is an MX5 and a 1.2 Clio :LOL: It was putting a huge smile on my face at Knockhill until the spark issue came along!
DEE85686-BC53-4F47-9BE7-18D0E7BB675A.jpeg

‘11 RS200, ‘97 MX5
The first oil change and first time having a proper look under the car, and some little nasties have revealed themselves!

First off, the usual rusty front subframe/radiator support. No surprises there at all, but what have some of you done with this before? Is it worth jumping though the warrantee hoops or am I better just taking this one off and getting it blasted and powder coated?

4E62E683-7373-4AF7-B0B1-F8B1676E3B33.jpeg
View attachment 1576035
4FBB7F9E-C158-4F0F-AB1A-1D5A944FF39D.jpeg

Next, and definitely more concerning, a nice oil leak from the back of the engine. I can’t quite see exactly where it’s coming from but I’ll book it in with the local garage and see what the word is. Hopefully nothing too expensive 🤢

8EECD880-159E-4A5B-A8D6-85F438EDCE85.jpeg
E9986DC0-089E-4496-B1E2-BD0993041B25.jpeg

Cheers!

‘11 RS200, ‘97 MX5
It’s been a hot minute since I was last on here! I decided to give the steering wheel stitching some well needed love. After some boredom and a toothbrush I’m amazed at how well it’s all cleaned up!
358D2F78-D332-4E0D-9E84-73252B4FB724.jpeg

D454250F-A890-44C2-A373-C9F0E3C9ACF4.jpeg

I’d very much recommend if you have some spare time. All that was used was water with washing up liquid and a small pinch of washing powder.

As for the oil leak from the previous post... it was not the cheap option :sick:

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
It’s been a hot minute since I was last on here! I decided to give the steering wheel stitching some well needed love. After some boredom and a toothbrush I’m amazed at how well it’s all cleaned up!
View attachment 1594008
View attachment 1594009
I’d very much recommend if you have some spare time. All that was used was water with washing up liquid and a small pinch of washing powder.

As for the oil leak from the previous post... it was not the cheap option :sick:
what was the outcome?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Whoever had done the belt before had used the wrong part for one of the cam seals, so it had pushed itself too far in and was leaking oil. The end result was a full cambelt job with all the bells and whistles for peace of mind.
Not guilty on that one as it was never due the belt change in my ownership! There was definitely a receipt in the history file for a belt change though.

Any recent pics of FKU?

‘11 RS200, ‘97 MX5
Not guilty on that one as it was never due the belt change in my ownership! There was definitely a receipt in the history file for a belt change though.

Any recent pics of FKU?
I’m not holding any grudges, these things happen and it’s now not due for a few more years! :)

I’ve been meaning to get some glamour shots recently but haven’t got round to it, here it is at Knockhill a few weeks back though! Still going strong!
CDEB00E3-1CAF-4E5E-9839-7AF8B0BF4CC5.jpeg
7A19CE4A-B7E3-4B62-91D5-066DEE67A746.jpeg