ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200 Exhaust Fault - Video

Clio 172
Is it not just hot!? My exhaust ticks and pings after a good run up to temp. Sound loud though on yours...

Jack

Many.
Can certainly have a look.

I doubt its a cracked Mani, that sort of ticking is common with cats getting warm/hot, obviously not your issue.

As its not always been like that its obviously something that has devloped, Unsure tbh buddy.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
How hot do you think steel gets with 500+ centigrade gases passing through it many times a second ?

Hotter after an hours drive than a 10 minutes drive.

Sorry mate my bad, watched the vid before properly reading!! Hell off a noise, do you still have flexi joints on that system, it's not really rigidly mounted or anything?

Honestly couldn't tell you! I paid a garage to fit the exhaust for me, didn't even open the box myself so I'm not sure.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Can certainly have a look.

I doubt its a cracked Mani, that sort of ticking is common with cats getting warm/hot, obviously not your issue.

As its not always been like that its obviously something that has devloped, Unsure tbh buddy.

Lovely - Cheers dude. I'm sure you'll hear it when I arrive lol

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Only reason I ask is because although cooling exhausts do ting and creak, that is quite excessive!! Just worth checking it's not mounted overly tight or anything that could cause damage or cracking..