ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200 OWNERS HELP

STEALTH RAIDER
Hello to all, Please can any of you tell me if your tweeters work on the top of your dash? Thought i blew mine yesterday for some reason. Took both mine out to have a quick inspection and noticed they were only blanking ones with no tweeter in them!!! Tried hooking up a speaker to the wires that were there and it worked. Dont you get tweeters with the standard radio setup? Cheers Lew

GTD, Lupo
I heard you dont get tweeters. As you found they are all just blanks. How easy was it to remove the covers as i will go have a look.

STEALTH RAIDER
Easy enough mate, you either need longish nails or a very tiny flathead to pop the black cover from the dash. The tweeter will be on clips to the cover you pop off so no faffing around to do.

STEALTH RAIDER
Fancy doing that? They should have just left them out completely then. On that note i guess, suppose i can request a xmas pressie off the other half ;)

Nimbus R27
I have standard tweeters in my 197, and apparently its harder to remove the grilles as the tweeters clip to them. Will find out soon when I upgrade!

STEALTH RAIDER
i removed the pair of tweeters and de clipped them in no time, Unless the 200 ones have changed. Must have because ive got no tweeters in mine!!!! ahhhhh!!!!!!

Renaultsport clio 200 cup
i've now tweeters in mine either. you say you connected up a speaker to the wires and the speaker worked?

STEALTH RAIDER
Yes the wiring is plugged into the blank tweeter so tried a speaker to it and it worked. Rather than phone renault for a set that i think personally should be there, ive just ordered a set of my own as the renault ones are prob budget ones anyway.