ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200 Rear Calipers covered by Warranty

UR 200, 07 blade
I think the rear calipers are seized on my 200. There is a grinding noise coming from them, i've removed the wheels and checked the pads and there's plenty left on them but when i turn the discs you can hear them rubbing and the disc are now scored, they also bind when i leave the car on the drive over night. I've also tried pushing the calipers back but they don't budge. Can anyone tell me if they are covered under warranty?

Drive along and pull the handbrake on to try and free them up a bit.

Unless you're driving hard the rear brakes don't do a great deal.

As for pushing them back, you need a winder tool IIRC.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah you wind the rears. do not try it unless you know what your doing.
Sounds like the rear pads are sticking in the carrier

Megane r26
I had this problem on my old 197, especially in the cold weather. My pads turned out to be sticking to so I just made sure I kept the calipers carriers clean an copper slip on the pads an never had a problem again.
P.s you will need a winder, local machine mart or halfrauds will stock them

clio 197, 1992 mini
I had this on my 197 the brakes were squeaking on mine the pads had started to come off the metal part of the pad but could only see this when the pads were removed so all my pads got replaced front and back and Renault covered half the cost for me hope this helps

UR 200, 07 blade
Thanks for the replies guys, i'm going to take the calipers off tommorrow and have a good look. i'll clean the calipers and wind the piston back in and hopefully this will sort the problem.