ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200 Trophy tyre options?

Paddy80

ClioSport Club Member
  RS 275 Cup-S
Anybody running 225/40/18's with the standard 7.5j wheels off the 220 Trophy. Pilot Supersports aren't available in 205/40/18 anymore and alternatives such as the Pilot sport 4 s and Goodyear F1 Supersports aren't either! I'm a big fan of the Pilot sport 4 I have on but fancy something a bit more focused.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Pilot sport 4S have some great reviews order got some sitting in my garage waiting to go on the GTi

Paddy80

ClioSport Club Member
  RS 275 Cup-S
Yes the PS4S is now available in 225/40/18 though not sure if stocks are available. Kwik Fit had a batch in but quickly sold out.

You can also get PSS and Cup 2 in 225/40/18. 225 is a perfect fit for 7.5J rims.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i had this dilemma when my supersports ran out. I fitted Pilot sport 4 (not the 4S) and found them better than the supersports they replaced! I then sold my rear supersports for more than the replacement new PS4's cost as people were looking for them!

Paddy80

ClioSport Club Member
  RS 275 Cup-S
i had this dilemma when my supersports ran out. I fitted Pilot sport 4 (not the 4S) and found them better than the supersports they replaced! I then sold my rear supersports for more than the replacement new PS4's cost as people were looking for them!
The Ps4 is a brilliant tyre, works really well in cooler temps too. Did you not find the dry grip on the Pilot Supersports more superior though? Looking at Goodyear F1 Supersports which have an excellent reputation plus they are £40 per corner cheaper but with a 225 section. It's going take me some time to mull this over! 😆

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
The Ps4 is a brilliant tyre, works really well in cooler temps too. Did you not find the dry grip on the Pilot Supersports more superior though? Looking at Goodyear F1 Supersports which have an excellent reputation plus they are £40 per corner cheaper but with a 225 section. It's going take me some time to mull this over! 😆
I owned the car from new and for the first 12k miles, until the SuperSports were done I had an odd understeer at medium speeds when you were carrying speed but not throwing the car around and shifting its weight, i had an alignment check carried out and all was good so i just put it down to the car. It completely disappeared on PS4's and it was like a new car! - Very odd!

Paddy80

ClioSport Club Member
  RS 275 Cup-S
I owned the car from new and for the first 12k miles, until the SuperSports were done I had an odd understeer at medium speeds when you were carrying speed but not throwing the car around and shifting its weight, i had an alignment check carried out and all was good so i just put it down to the car. It completely disappeared on PS4's and it was like a new car! - Very odd!
That does sound odd to be fair. Driven my mates 308gti with Supersports on and they felt great, They do work better when it's warmer though were as the Ps4's on my old Meg just seemed to work in any condition! My theory (could be complete b****cks) is with the Clio being quite a bit lighter than the Meg it would benefit from more sticky rubber!