ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2000 1.4S MPI or SPI

Is the year 2000 clio 1.4S single or multi PI?

Has anyone got a pic of their engine bay with an induction kit fitted?

Cheers

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Its MPI. I have a Pipercross open kit on mine and it sounds really good but has lost a little bit of power but I can live with that for the noise! No pics of the engine though, just everything else!

So on urs eviljohn, when u take the original airbox off, the inlet and butterfly valve is in the middle at the rear of the engine?

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Yup, you can see it if you take the cover off the airbox. Its a bit of a crap place for an IK but with enough cold air feeds it seems fine.

Yeah I was just thinkin thats a crap place for a kit! Is it possible to relocate by using a silicon pipe to bring the kit around to the front right of the engine?

[Edited by Jetto on 15 May 2004 at 8:38pm]

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

I dont see why not if you could get the right hose but Ive still to see anything like it. I know you get one for the 1.2 16v but thats it. Ive got 1 cold air feed already and I will be fitting another asap! Still pleased with it and it doesnt seem to affect fuel economy too much.

What I really like though is the way its not noisy all the time like an exhaust!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Ill see if I can get one but itll have to be with a crappy camera phone!

Choose the pipercross as I liked the sound of one on my mates AX GT and find K&N are too boy racerish! If i hadnt chosen piperx I would have maybe got a green filter. Idealy Id like a piperx viper (closed kit) but thatll have to wait till I get a 172!

Quote: Originally posted by EvilJohn on 15 May 2004

Choose the pipercross as I liked the sound of one on my mates AX GT and find K&N are too boy racerish! If i hadnt chosen piperx I would have maybe got a green filter. Idealy Id like a piperx viper (closed kit) but thatll have to wait till I get a 172!
How can a certain type of performance induction kit be boy racerish??:confused:

Cheers - seein a pic is better than goin out blind to buy sumthin!

How come ur loosin power with it! - is it set up right?

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Quote: Originally posted by phil6180 on 15 May 2004

Quote: Originally posted by EvilJohn on 15 May 2004

How can a certain type of performance induction kit be boy racerish??:confused:
Dunno, just me being weird!!!

Pic on its way jetto

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Quote: Originally posted by Jetto on 15 May 2004

Cheers - seein a pic is better than goin out blind to buy sumthin!

How come ur loosin power with it! - is it set up right?
Cos open induction kits suck in hot air and engines run better on cold dense air

Cheers eviljohn (good pics for a camera phone),

I rekon Im gonna look into the relocation pipe idea, and get the IK up the front end sumwhere!

[Edited by Jetto on 15 May 2004 at 9:17pm]

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

The kit looks alright but I notice you still need cold air feeds to it. If its not too much then go for it and let me know how it goes, could be interested in the pipework myself.

Just realised Hillpower is about 15 miles away from me so will go in person if i have time during the week - ill let u know what they say