ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2000 1.9dti tuning capabilities.

2001 CLIO 1.9 DIESEL
Hi Guys

I have a 2000 x plate clio 1.9 dti, that to be honest drives really well and goes ok for what it is. However i have done a little research and was looking at what tuning options there are if any and waht gains can be had.

A local place to me RS Tuning in leeds seem to know renaults and was going to enquire about a map, does anyone know of any gains this could have?

Also wondered about air filer,FMIC,turbo upgrade etc.

Sorry for all the questions, im not expecting a fire breathing animal but would like to have a bit of fun doing it and seeing what can or cant be achieved.

thanks in advance

Richard

182 FF
Remap is usually the best option to get a good noticeable gain, obviously you wouldn't want to push it too far running standard equipment.

Personally I would get an updated panel filter or induction kit (which ever you prefere), update the exhaust system front to back and get it breathing nicely then get a remap. I don't know what the recommended BHP Is for your car on a standard clutch/ engine internals.... You may want more advice from someone that's more technically minded than myself!

Usually you'd get a FMIC when you turn up the boost / update the turbo .... Depends on how much money you want to throw at it!

I had a Fabia VRs that I mapped from 130bhp to 170, it was completely standard, had no problems with it however I found the clutch started to slip a bit. Apart from that it was fine, not only made a difference in torque and BHP but ran much smoother, was a completely different car to

2001 CLIO 1.9 DIESEL
Thank you for the reply pal. I dont want to really push the car as i do quite a lot of long distance mileage and it must remain bulletproof.

I am going to see a local place called RS Tuning that seem to know a lot about renaults. I dont expect a fast car but an improved drive and performance would be good. The car makes about 80bhp so i might look at a map / filter / exhaust and go from there.

182 FF
Sounds like a plan! The beauty with turbos is that you can get nice little gains with the exhaust and filter alone, with a map too it should keep you happy!
You can usually expect to pay Upto about £300 for a map, £300 should get you a nice cat back and about 180 for a good induction kit.
Personally I wouldn't want to push your car over 120 bhp

Let us know what you get up to with it :D