ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2000 Clio 172 Kit.......on a diesel.

2001 CLIO 1.9 DIESEL
Hi All

New to the site, have just soled my Saab 9-3 HOT Aero and go hold of a very tidy 2000 W Plate Clio 1.9 diesel.

I am doing quite a lot of mileage with work and although the Saab was a great car and lovely to drive i couldnt warrant the fuel bills.

Anyhow, the car is a silver 3 door and i was looking at a 172 sport kit perhaps? I was just wondering what the differences are? Is it just the front and rear bumpers that differ or do any of the actual panels?

Was also wondering if the facelift rear lights are a straight swap from the MK2 172 sport?

Thanks in advance.

Rich

2001 CLIO 1.9 DIESEL
The car in question. It is a really straight and honest little motor.

cliofront.jpg

cliorear.jpg

2001 CLIO 1.9 DIESEL
Thanks for the help lads.
So the ph2 rear lights are physically a straight swap? Just minor wiring changes?
So are the bumpers a straight swap for ph1 172 items? Are any of the other panels different? Wings? Tailgate? Bonnet etc?

Sorry for all the questions

Rich

yes they are the same shape and bolt in the same way
rear bumper is straight swap (i think)
front bumper is not you will need the wings too. bonnet is straight swap. tailgate is the same

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
if your making it a sport rep
you need as follows :

ph1 front 172 bumper
ph1 172 sport wings
ph1 172 front arch liners
ph1 172 side skirts
ph1 172 rear bumper

bonnet maybe different ( ? )

wheels of your choice

and spoiler, ride height are to your choice

2001 CLIO 1.9 DIESEL
The car has some king of OE projector head lights already which look quite smart, well after a good wet sand they will.
I am going to start sourcing parts and will trial fir them as i go.
Are the bonnets different or the same?

PH1 Sport Bonnets are exactly the same... Here's my PH1 sport rep (only mines 1.1 8v)

255374_443718798996221_1877828232_n.jpg

547974_10151053792117658_158008639_n.jpg

Just need a dual exhaust fitted and the side skirts to go on. The only thing that is different is on the front bumper where it fixes in the center under the center vent

Me and my dad made some brackets out of an old hard drive holder:

4ad8e71c.jpg

b6a2ce9d.jpg

b4f7e541.jpg

e73250b4.jpg

81af0a06.jpg

Rear bumper exactly the same as the standard one and obviously you will need the wings haha

Thats about it

Nick

2001 CLIO 1.9 DIESEL
Hi Guys
Thanks for the help and advice.
Does anyone know if the phase 2 172 rear bumpers fit the phase 1 cars?

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Tbh, get a 172 sport rear bumper, rear ph2 lights, front ph1 sport lights (dual optics), and get a ph1 sport bumper for the front and job done :)

The car has some king of OE projector head lights already which look quite smart, well after a good wet sand they will.

The lights fitted to your car ARE Dual Optics. Addicted is just a little blind ;)

Ph.2 lights are easy, and the bonnets are identical, only the 172 bonnet is made of aluminium.

And yes, Ph.2 172 bumpers do fit IIRC.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
L5ntn, I have a front bumper, wings and a pair of sideskrts. Although they will need painting to match your car. (the front bumper is black, the rest is metallic red)

I want £100 for the lot, collected from bristol.

2001 CLIO 1.9 DIESEL
Thanks for the advice lads, sorry for all the questions. Does anyone know if the whole front end end of the Phase 2 clio will fir the phase 1?

Also does anyone have a link on how to wire and install the phase 2 rear lights as i can see one.

I am just throwing a few ideas round and trying to familiarise myself with the car

Thanks for the advice lads, sorry for all the questions. Does anyone know if the whole front end end of the Phase 2 clio will fir the phase 1?

Also does anyone have a link on how to wire and install the phase 2 rear lights as i can see one.

I am just throwing a few ideas round and trying to familiarise myself with the car

I think it's much more hassle than it's worth - I think the front end of the chassis around the wings is different which means you cant fit phase 2 wings and headlights etc

Wiring the lights is in the guides section which you have to be a club member to see (£12 a year)