ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2001 16v 1.2 Clio Non Starter

Clio
I have a Renault Clio Dynamique 1.2 16v 2001 plate. I Have owned it 10 months and have had nothing but problems from day 1.I have had a new clutch, coil pack, new sparks, crank shaft sensor, map sensor, lambda sensor, as well as general wear and tear such as springs, tyres and ball joints.Last weekend I stalled or the engine cut out. Not entirely sure which one. Car wouldn’t start after this. Called AA and they diagnosed starter motor so ended up being towed home.

Monday I had a new starter motor fitted and it was just my luck that the new one didn’t work. Replaced for a 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] which was also faulty. Fitted a 3[SUP]rd[/SUP]. The car will not turn over unless I make an earth with a jump lead from the battery to the engine. So firstly I know the engine needs re-earthing.

The car now turns over but just won’t start. I have had a mechanic out to look who suspects electrical fault. The sparks aren’t sparking which then leads me to think an electrical problem. Coil pack and sparks were only changed about 8 weeks ago?
So far we have tried:

• Changing coil pack
  • Battery
  • Jump Starting
  • Bump starting
  • Crank shaft sensor all ok
  • Making a makeshift earth
  • The relays are buzzing in so not sure it is that
  • Fuses checked
The MOT is due in 11 days and I just want the car running so I can MOT and sell it. I don’t want to spend £100s for someone to look without fixing.

Any ideas on what else I can try as I am at a complete loss and am just thinking of scrapping.