ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2002 1.4 16v 182 running lumpy/hesitating.

2002 Clio 1.4 16v
Hi all,
Recently had her in for MOT and they said she was running lumpy. Ever so slight, I hadn't noticed (I know) I just thought it was a bit gutless at low revs, particularly so on hills. It failed to start a few times at first as it had been sat a little while before I had it. Cleaned up coil connectors, checked crank sensor and re-gaped plugs to 0.9mm. They were set to 1mm. No failed starts since.
I have read lots about misfires/lumpy idle and so on and my symptoms are similar but ever so slight.
I don't want to nor can afford to go through buying various parts in the hope it will cure it, I'd rather hit the nail on the head so to speak.
Symptoms:
1:Ever so slightly lumpy on idle.
2:Hesitates on acceleration, again a tiny bit.
3:Once revs pick up she pulls nicely and it improves the higher the revs. (air leak?)
I can see one of the coils has been replaced with a scrappy one of unknown quality.
I know about taking coils off one by one to find the culprit but its not a full blown misfire (engine judder etc) its more of a slight wobble lol.
I'm quite handy with the spanners so I am happy to dive in...
Many more questions will be appearing in the relevant sections over the next few days... ;)
Thanks in advance.
Jason.

2002 Clio 1.4 16v
She wont start at all now. Replaced crank sensor but it wasnt that. Please help! What to check and in what order? Was randomly not starting once in a while and now nothing.
Many thanks in advance