ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2002 Clio 172 Cup

Up rocks
My 1st Clio, well my 1st Renault in fact! Anyway, not much to show at the minute as i've only had it 2 days. Will hopefully be adding some engine mods and giving it a subtle track look.

img0119ed8.jpg

img0121id7.jpg

img0129yx1.jpg

img0126ta7.jpg

img0131lq8.jpg

img0140nh6.jpg

340i
New number rear plate!!!

But apart from that looks good... what you got planned for it then dude?

Up rocks
Thanks man, yeah new plate as soon as V5 arrives in the post. Plans so far include...

Silver bulbs
Induction (not sure what route yet, modded airbox maybe with larger cold air feeds)
Exhaust/decat (Cup racer style would be nice, or hidden), not too loud though
Cams/ECU
Rear half cage, maybe with buckets/harnesses
Coilovers (H&R probably)
Cup racer brake ducts
Cup racer tow eye (for track days)
Cup racer Sabelt steering wheel
Color change for alloys (white or anthracite maybe)

When all this will happen though i dont know as i'm now taking on our mortgage on my own but still, gives me something to work towards.

Where are you from chap ?

Looks like a bristol car to me ? City Motors on the bottom of the rear plate ?

Well spotted, 1st owner was from Wotton Under Edge (not far from Bristol) then it was sold to a guy up in Chesterfield, then i've brought it back down south again to Gloucestershire.

hey mate welcome,love the motor,would love one myself

So your a local member then, would be good to see you at the next meet chap ? or pop along to the castle combe action day on the 19th of april as we are having a stand there.

Up rocks
Thanks man, although on the 19th i'm up at Brands Hatch for the Mk2 Golf championship as my mates racing. Do spend quite a bit of time up Castle Combe though as my Neighbour races in the Auto Windscreens saloon car championship. Will sort something out though :)

Up rocks
Ok progress has been slow for various reasons, so heres a tiny update...

New plates...

IMG_0147.gif

IMG_0273.gif

De-wiper (excuse the dirt)...

IMG_0143-Copy640x480.gif

Custom gear lever...

IMG_0259800x600.gif

IMG_0253800x600.gif

IMG_0264800x600.gif

Eibach Sportlines...

IMG_0271.gif

IMG_0272.gif

172 Race Car
Doesnt look like the springs have settled yet in those pics. Should go abit lower in time. Plates look good, cut down one would look better on the front, no overhang.

Looks like a very clean and tidy one tho. Get it to the rolling road day in august to see what its putting out before u mod the motor.

Up rocks
Thanks, yeah its the tidyest car i've owned so i'm quite enthusiastic about keeping it clean and tidy. Will look in to the RR day too :)

Focus RS Mk1
can you tell me what you did and what parts you need to de-wiper the rear please, thanks :)

BMW 330d :)
I think the sportlines make the biggest difference to the cup. I always wanted them but never got round to getting them. :( I always thought std the cup was too high at the front esp and the sportlines look to be a perfect mod. Looks good.