ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2002 Clio RenaultSport 172 (equipment)

Clio RS172
Hi, having recently purchased my 2002 Clio RS172. I am chuffed with the equpment level it has....

Just wondered if you guys could tell me, what of the following was standard equipment, and what (if anything) would have been optional.....

Xenon lights
Auto Wipers
Auto Lights
In-dash CD Player AND Auto changer
1/2 Leather 1/2 Alcantara
Climate control
Switchable Traction Control
'Redish' tint to windsceen (heat insulation glass)?

Thanks.

Clio RS172
Re: 2002 Clio Sport 172 (equipment)

Thanks j6..... They were supplied with pretty good spec then really! was most of it removed for the 'Cup' cars?

2014 Clio 200t edc

Yeah the spec was good, until you remember that a dynamique came with most of it as standard too. ;)
Yeah cups just got cd player, aircon and cloth seats I think.

Clio 182 Fiat Coupe

Yeah the spec was good, until you remember that a dynamique came with most of it as standard too. ;)
Yeah cups just got cd player, aircon and cloth seats I think.

No air con on a 172 cup apart from an option on the later cars.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

As said, everything listed was standard on the 172. I bought a 2002 brand new and had it for 4 years, best allround car I've ever owned.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

i beleive the only option on a ph2 172 was a 6 disc changer, my one never had one. altho it had the wire so possibly removed at some point

EDIT: sorry sat nav was an option too

02 Clio 172
Auto wipers not an optional extra? Mine is an 02 ph2 and has auto headlights, climate control and air con but not the wipers

A.N. Other
Traction control wasn't fitted on the early versions (mine is an '02 and just missed out), cruise control was put on a year later IIRC.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Auto wipers not an optional extra? Mine is an 02 ph2 and has auto headlights, climate control and air con but not the wipers

Pretty sure if it has the lights it has the wipers as well. The sensors are part of the same assembly at the top of the windscreen.

Astra (H) VXR
Mines 2003 172 and I also do not have auto wipers. But it has more gadgets than my mates 2002 c class merc compressor