ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2002 MK2 Heater controls light bulb type?

Clio 1.2 16V Dynamique 02
Hi everybody,

The backlight for the heater controls has completely gone out after being on and off intermittently. I've looked in my Haynes manual and haven't really found the light in the 'interior lights' circuit. Closest I've found is the cigarette lighter light- and that seems to be a separate light anyway?

I know how to get to it but want to know what type it is? Bayonet? Festoon? Size? is it like '5' or '7'- well thats what it says for interior courtesy lights in the Haynes?

Also, one more thing, I'm trying to fix my front fogs- neither of them work with also NO indicator on the dash? Fuse is ok- maybe a ground connection or the relay? Where are these?

Cheers for any help in advance!

Sam

p.s please move this to electrical topics, sorry

Da

Less
You have the dial heater controls I presume?

The illumination in them is 3 x 1w wedge filament lamps, but if they've all failed in one go it's probably a loose connection to be fair.

As for the fogs, the relay is on the UCH up under the dash in the passenger footwell.

Yes, dial heater controls. I am guessing its a loose connection then! Thanks for the quick and detailed reply.

I'll probs take a look at the relay some other time, but now I know where it is, thanks

Any idea about the earth for the fog lights? Do they earth with a few other components too?

Sam

Da

Less
Well the loom for the foglights (if I remember correctly) runs down the passenger side of the bay into the area behind the bumper. It feeds the first fog then carries on across behind the number plate to the second fog. I'm not 100% certain where it earths but behind the bumper would be a good place to start :)

Ok, thats cool. I have taken out the heater control panel and checked both bulbs filaments and they are fine but am not sure what wires to check for, I even looked at the circuit board inside but can't see anything suspicious.

The bulb mounts themselves are strange because you can't actually see where they contact the circuit board- or am i wrong? Do the bulbs separate from the black casing?

Sam

Da

Less
I really can't remember I'm afraid - it's in excess of three years since I had my 1.2 with dial heater controls.

The digital system in the 182 uses LED's.

R0035687.jpg

R0035692.jpg

Photos of bulbs (only 2?) and the back of the control panel- I did test each bulbs continuity with a multimeter, nothing, yet the filaments look OK, weird