ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2002 Toyota MR2 Roadster. (Full homo content)

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I've always liked these. Mate had one for 12 months so spent a fair amount of time passengering...only things I could ever really criticise where the moulding line on the plastic scaffold pole-like door grab handles along with a digital clock from 1982 that Toyota persevered with for decades.

Enough poke for fun, not too much for trouble.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Agree with the above.

Looks class lowered but badly needs some wheels too. OE's are bland as f**k.

But they are a piece of piss to clean! Genuinely the only alloys on a car I regularly washed, that I didn't mind doing. ;)

Looks great in that photoshop.

A mate has just ordered a ridiculously wide bodykit for his, think its an APR one around £3k!

He has a turbo kit for it as well, apparently anything over 230bhp in them and they are quite a handful to keep in a straight line.

I can imagine. Even in standard form and in the damp - it's easy to get that rear-end unsettled. Force-fed and a wallop of more torque would be interesting to drive!

D.

Adz

Work van
:eek:

76cc251b79e267795c89d7741883d41e_zpsb02a70f1.jpg

4467f4d31e4037c9285d7fc05c8aebae_zpsf7c29da4.jpg

a092411517442604bb06d585c0945eb4_zpsc0f8c0b1.jpg

fe2ba3368a37d86f9d8220aeea4803b4_zpsa2af4b0c.jpg

2e8783e776a1f04436bfab4a4884e6cf_zps66ad2c59.jpg

7401afbdce53ceba6f78d4178b1eb905_zps9d71cbe0.jpg

Ah, I've seen that one before! Can't believe he drifts it. Bloody champ!
Got a 2zz fitted now AFAIK...

I've always liked these. Mate had one for 12 months so spent a fair amount of time passengering...only things I could ever really criticise where the moulding line on the plastic scaffold pole-like door grab handles along with a digital clock from 1982 that Toyota persevered with for decades.

Enough poke for fun, not too much for trouble.

My god, yes! The door pulls are disgusting! Might try smoothing that line off and re-spraying them. Seriously cheap looking!

Even in standard form and in the damp - it's easy to get that rear-end unsettled. Force-fed and a wallop of more torque would be interesting to drive!

D.

Yeah, I've already had a couple of 'dab of oppo' moments. Considering it's mid engined, its not actually that bad to hold a little slide, you've just got to be very quick!

Last edited:
There's a fair amount of money in just my photoshops alone... Depends on how easy I can sell MX5 bits I guess! But they're definitely the aim.
I don't want to go bigger than 16's either, despite the car Ad posted up looking great, its just not the look I want to go for...
We'll see. I have to make it look a little special though - I'm well overdue a nice looking car TBH!

Either MeisterR's or HSD's, but I'd save about £100 going for Meisters and there's no real disadvantage to them over HSD's...
The one thing I could do is upgrade the rear wheel size to 16" as that's what the facelifts came with, but other than that I've not much choice!

Edition 30
More pics? Looks sweet lower.

Keep seeing a red one local. Quite like it, even standard.

Either MeisterR's or HSD's, but I'd save about £100 going for Meisters and there's no real disadvantage to them over HSD's...
The one thing I could do is upgrade the rear wheel size to 16" as that's what the facelifts came with, but other than that I've not much choice!

HSD are in a different league.

Fair enough, I've had pretty much no experience with either brand, just going off what I've been told! Won't be going with the cheapo HSD's as 1 they're not available and 2 they're not going to be anywhere near as good TBH.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Flol @ the airfilter mod.

Heres a pic of my mates at the moment, hes just finished flocking the dash and building his own cage for it. The rear wing is mental lol.

905449_10200516633491954_53586880_o.jpg

Attachments

• 905449_10200516633491954_53586880_o.jpg
    905449_10200516633491954_53586880_o.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 98
  Turbo 182 Alfa 159
The noise it makes is comical, frankly.

What's he done to the engine? Don't tell me it's standard!

Get a video of the noise if you can ha!

He has bought a turbo kit for it, should be 250bhp+.

Please make a media thread for the progress of that ben

I shall stick a thread up when I can gather more pictures.

Who's is that ben?!

Rays from Carlisle, always built the crazy C2's.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Get a video of the noise if you can ha!

He has bought a turbo kit for it, should be 250bhp+.

I shall stick a thread up when I can gather more pictures.

Rays from Carlisle, always built the crazy C2's.

Ah i know who you mean..

I'm working on getting a new job. That is essentially the key to this becoming awesome. If I can afford it, it'll be going retardedly low. If it isn't needed for a daily, then who cares!

Last edited:
  Swift Sport
My brother has bought one of these... Taxed and clean inside and out with 70k miles, just needed a windscreen, battery and MOT which it passed.

​How much? £500!

Gave it a quick wash the other day and I've been enjoying some full on homo time with the roof down recently. So glad it's staying as it really is a great car; this weather has just helped me remember why I bought the thing in the first place. The silly air filter is off for now, although I at least know I want a bit more noise from it... Exhaust, and manifold are on the list of bits and bobs I want for it. Going to make a start selling parts from my MX5 and get on with buying coilovers; most likely going for MeisterR's as I've been hearing nothing but good things about them, plus they'll save me a good £100 over HSD's. I'm going to make a start on refurbing the wheels this week as they're really starting to do my head in.
Hopefully be able to make a bit more progress as soon as I free up some cash anyway, so this will become more interesting! The ultimate aim is still my avatar, but that's a long long way off tbh!

8705035612_97e573afec_c.jpg

MRPOO by j0eyD, on Flickr

Swift Sport
942768_10152766772320321_1774776471_n.jpg

On track with Warren today, very surprised how well it went! Plenty of sideways action from us both, including Warren spinning backwards into the grass at high speed lol.

Swift Sport
Has he 2zz'd his yet?
How did your mx5 compare?

I want the facelift headlights soooo bad. Just because projectors.

No not yet, but it does have plenty of trick bits!

He had the edge on the straight, and mine seemed to have the grip/handling. It was difficult to compare properly because we spent more time trying to get sideways than we did clocking fast laps lol.