ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2003 Cup Renault Alarm *help*

Anyone got info on the standard Renault alarm? When purchased I didnt get any info on it at all. Now its playing up... seems to be too sensitive. Any way to reset it, to disarm it (garage/clean mode). What does the secondary tone/pulse mean?

Thx in advance.

The thing is to sensative realy Renault can turn it down by 30% (or to 30%) by swopping the wires from the sensors round.

No idea how to safely lock it though without the alarm. You can deactive the interior sensors (read the manual I forget how) but if its the external sensor which need fixing there no way of deactiviting them that I know of easily.

Nippy white cup

Mine is pissing me around at the mo. Just turn the ignition on twice b4 locking. If it has worked youll hear a few beeps when arming the alarm and the interior sensors should be de-activated.

Chris

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

close the drivers door an open the passenger door press the centrel lockin switch on the dash then close the passanger door an lock with the key.

secure but no alarm set!

i know this cos mine has bin playin up for 9 months now an still not bin fixed!!!!

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

if you keep flickin the key you may bugger the immob. sensor round the ignition barrel like i did

Cheers guys.

Gonna pop it into Ren Enfield in the morning. Not expecting much help other then "mmm, lets book you in sir".

Im thinking its the external sensors thats too high, which means they will have to deal with it. But how do u disarm the internal sensors? By doing what you said Silver?

Ive looked for the Alarm under the hood, but coulnt see it. I havent had much time to mess about under there n try n find where it is and "turn down sensors". In the end I have resorted to pulling out the chips in the comp under the window washers. Arghghghgh. Gimmie my old Clifford system back on my old Clio!

Quote: Originally posted by Sm00thie on 12 April 2004

But how do u disarm the internal sensors? By doing what you said Silver? Yep thats it
Ive looked for the Alarm under the hood, but coulnt see it. I havent had much time to mess about under there n try n find where it is and "turn down sensors". Dont bother trying to find it if your realy in need or I realy get bored Ill have a look how to do it but best let Renault try and fix it. It maybe the interier sensor if it is ie the alarm isnt a trouble whn there awitchef them try closing all air vents in the car and dont angle then near the interier sensors as this can set them of there that sensative.

Took it in to Ren Enfield this morning. Spoke to reception and reply was "fully book until next week now"... theres a suprise. Told the receptionist "it goes off constantly, there was no manual given to me @ purchase... cant someone look @ it now?" So grudgingly went into workshop to find someone. Luckily she came out with Big Dave my mate who works there.

So anyway, popped hood and had a look. Told him I wasnt happy with the fuse slots (or the main computer slots, not sure)... there seemed to be sticky back plastic holding things together! Anyway, slot number 15 wasnt properly attached and I pointed this out to Dave. basically, without me knowing @ time of purchase... seems like my Cup alarm is an aftermarket alarm. I brought it Pre-reg from Renault with 8 miles on clock. Now it seems car was built, without alram, then some point later a Renault guy come along and fitted a alarm system.

Booked into Renault next monday now :cry: If nothing major is wrong with it, maybe its just too sensitive, then at least I will get the bits and bobs attached properly. There was even a cut bit of wire sitting in there. Clearly the guy who fitted the alrm didnt even clean up properly.

Oh and, the Cup is not alarmed. If its tea-leafed Ill be sending the porkys round to each forum members house :devilish:

No Clio is fitted with an alarm before it hits UK shores.

There fitted down by the docks for all UK cars.

Imports need to get an alarm fitted usually for insurance.

If you specify a normal car with an alarm then they will fit it at the dealership.

If you bought your car from a dealership then the alarm will be fited by the company Renault will use from the docks maybe you just got a lazy installer.

All cups and 172 /182 from the factory have an imobiliser as standard I belive its a legal requirment