ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2004 1.2 16V (ph2 engine) AC Belt Tensioning

I fitted this alongside changing all other belts + tensioners. Thing is the tensioner adjustment is hard to do with 2 hands and not much room. The tensioner is on a slider as such and to tighten it there is a 6mm Allen key with about 2cm clearance I use a pair of mole grips to tighten the tension adjuster.

I seem to not be able to get enough force to tension the belt whilst tightening the adjuster. This isn't covered in the Haynes either, been reading around other forums and they've used a tyre lever to get better tension but still fathomed as to how they tighten the adjuster without mole grips.

UPDATE:
The 6mm Allen Key turns out to be a T50 and the adjuster tool is for a K4M/K4J.
The tool from Renault is MOT 1368
$_12.jpg

With a 1/2" on the other end it'll make those hard to reach parts easier in the bay.
I was suffering from belt squeal, so I've purchased this tool + new tensioner/pulley hoping this will solve my issue.