ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2005 Clio 182 amp power cable help

Clio 182 with cup pack
Hi guys first off i would like to say hi to everyone as im new here and i was wondering if anyone would be able to give me some help as i am trying to get my amp power cable (Cable is either 10 or 8 gauge) into the engine bay and i have found the bonnet grommet but on mine (2005 Clio 182) there is the bonnet release cable and a big bounch of other cables in the grommet.
I think the other cables are either for the standard alarm or part of the cars wiring but what i wanted to know is it still safe for me to try and get a coathanger or scerwdriver throught the grommet as do not want to break or damage anything.

If not is there anyother way of getting the cable throught without drilling a hole i mean can the cable go through the wing and in to the car that way??

Any help and advise would be very much appercaticated as im not too clued up on this sort of stuff.

Thanks

clio sport mk 2 phs 2
hi there, im having the same problem, havent had the time to run my cable yet but so far i have only found the bonnet release gromet sutable to do the job, yes it would be ok to do it and it would still work behind the wing, i also got told if all els fails then its possible to run the cale under nieth the car along the chassis leg or somthing providing it is tucked up out of the way of anything hot etc, other than that i dont know but will let you know when iv done mine, hope this helps.

Clio 182 with cup pack
Hi Arnison

Thanks for the reply buddy i have also not yet had a chance to try and get it throught but i will also let you know when i do and how i managed to do it.
Once again thanks for the reply.
Chris

Megane 225 F1
Get a smaller piece of wire and hook it onto your power cable. Tape them together and make it get progressivly wider. Then start with the small cable and pull it through until you get to the power cable which should squeeze through.

None
I bought a progressive drill and a 10mm grommit to do mine, made a new hole away from the rest of the wires, much less hassle than feeding it through the existing grommit :)

clio sport mk 2 phs 2
yeah STE i got told the only way to do it is to drill a hole buy an audio shop but i managed to do it over the weekend using the bonnet release gromet, only problem is you cant actually get the cable through it so you either have to cut it sumwere or just pop it out on one side and just sqeeze it down the side which is what i did,
now got 3 amps wired :) .

None
yeah STE i got told the only way to do it is to drill a hole buy an audio shop but i managed to do it over the weekend using the bonnet release gromet, only problem is you cant actually get the cable through it so you either have to cut it sumwere or just pop it out on one side and just sqeeze it down the side which is what i did,
now got 3 amps wired :) .

3!!!.......what are they all doing?

clio sport mk 2 phs 2
haha yh mono for sub, nice 600 w kenwood for 6-9's and a 300w for the rear componants :) very loud yet very clear quality.

You'd be better ditching the 6x9's and getting some components for the front, much bigger improvement than getting components and 6x9's for the back!
You want the sound stage at the front :)

clio sport mk 2 phs 2
eah thought about that but i have a very good alpine flip out head unit wich has good qualit output so the front components are still pretty loud n good quality aswell as the back so a good alround sound really. can adjust each speeker manually from the head unit too so can have it however i fancy lol. :) just had my wheels done in white with red callipers and lowerd 30mm, looks prety smart now. dont see many with standard white wheels.

Clio 182 Trophy
Get a smaller piece of wire and hook it onto your power cable. Tape them together and make it get progressivly wider. Then start with the small cable and pull it through until you get to the power cable which should squeeze through.
Is there anything that needs coming out/off from underthe bonnet?
thanks ben