ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2005 clio 182 trouble starting sometimes. seems random

Clio 182 2005 FF
hi,
my 182 is struggling to start sometime, more often then not.
it smells really rich when start up too
drove for a long journey at the weekend and averaged 35-40mpg so cant be too bad when driving
i've got a decat fitted and exhaust
this month ive replaced
all four injectors
updated crank sensor
rs tuner 98 ron map
replaced spark plugs
when i changed the injectors i found one of the o rings on the fuel line connector was damaged/split so replaced it with an o ring i had and stopped the fuel leaking.
it was starting fine when i changed the crank sensor so don't think its that at all.

if you guys could give me a helping hand with ideas and things to try i would appreciate it a lot as im unsure what to do next.
so far my dad thinks it could be
compression or timing im hoping its neither but i need to do a compression test really

Attachments

• IMG_0066.JPG
    IMG_0066.JPG
    979.1 KB · Views: 58
  Clio 182 2005 FF
any one? :( really annoying .
when i 'prime' the ignition it doesnt crank for aslong but still misses when starting up untill you give it a nice tickle on the throttle and it settles and idles fine

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
There is a few things:
-Injectors - were they genuine injectors - one brand of injectors causes the car to start after 3 seconds of turning the key and not immediately. Search this on the forum - PRO TIP - when searching use google not the forum search type cliosport changed injector starting. Basically cliosport xxxxxxxxxxxxx.
here is one link http://www.cliosport.net/threads/starting-issue-after-injectors-changed.766302/
-The O ring - you sure there isnt air getting in - have a look on the ktec website as they sell a pack of 2 fuel line connectors relatively cheaply. You can then replace the whole connector but you may find it hard to get the old one off, if so just take the o ring off it and put on your old one.
-Have you checked the earth strap that links the gearbox to the chassis. Its a big braided affair and can affect a lot of stuff on the car, mainly starting. check it - clean up the connecting points and replace.

any one? 😧 really annoying .
when i 'prime' the ignition it doesnt crank for aslong but still misses when starting up untill you give it a nice tickle on the throttle and it settles and idles fine

Clio 182 2005 FF
fixed it!

changed the injectors back to genuine ones. perfect

DO NOT BUY CHEAP INJECTORS ON EBAY GET THE ONES FROM RENPARTS
34.99 BUT NO LESS IN MY OPINION! :) THANKS FOR YOUR HELP :D HAPPY BOY NOW

Reactions: Gus