ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2005 RB 182 Cup

Andy P

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, i20N
Nice write up and car.

The benefit of flocking is how it cuts glare down and I would recommend doing it.

I have had the top dash, A pillar trims, hazard panel trim, steering column cowling, door handles & levers. I think that's enough for me.

I think I need to paint my dash strips red now after seeing yours.

IMG_9969.jpg

Simon1975

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup/Meg R26
Nice write up and car.

The benefit of flocking is how it cuts glare down and I would recommend doing it.

I have had the top dash, A pillar trims, hazard panel trim, steering column cowling, door handles & levers. I think that's enough for me.

View attachment 1568215
Love my flocked dash top finished the interior of and your right stops all the glare

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Had 2 professionally flocked dashes in my Impreza Tom and never again mate. Looks okay when it’s first done but very quickly looks pretty shite. You’ll get pissed off cleaning it, everything sticks to it and the adhesive will eventually fail and it will start peeling off. I know you and your level of OCD, I don’t think you’d enjoy it to be honest.

Unless i can have it alcantara trimmed, it’s 100% OEM dash for me mate.

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
Nice write up and car.

View attachment 1568215

I have thought about flocking so many times however, I think I would want to the lower section flocked also.

Love my flocked dash top finished the interior of and your right stops all the glare

Stopping the glare was one of the main benefits...

Had 2 professionally flocked dashes in my Impreza Tom and never again mate. Looks okay when it’s first done but very quickly looks pretty shite. You’ll get pissed off cleaning it, everything sticks to it and the adhesive will eventually fail and it will start peeling off. I know you and your level of OCD, I don’t think you’d enjoy it to be honest.

Unless i can have it alcantara trimmed, it’s 100% OEM dash for me mate.

However @frayz has hit the nail on the head, I've looked at a lot of flocked dashes and I think I would end up wanting to get it re-flocked constantly. I love a clean interior and it could drive me crazy.

I did think about Alcantara trimmed dash but again I would want both the upper and lower dash trimmed. While I'm at it I would also want the door cards done, then it gets silly!

Simon1975

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup/Meg R26
I have thought about flocking so many times however, I think I would want to the lower section flocked also.

Stopping the glare was one of the main benefits...

However @frayz has hit the nail on the head, I've looked at a lot of flocked dashes and I think I would end up wanting to get it re-flocked constantly. I love a clean interior and it could drive me crazy.

I did think about Alcantara trimmed dash but again I would want both the upper and lower dash trimmed. While I'm at it I would also want the door cards done, then it gets silly!
DSC_5413.JPG
DSC_5413.JPG
DSC_5410.JPG
DSC_5131.JPG
DSC_5132.JPG

Simon1975

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup/Meg R26
Don't seem to get that dirty been in about 6 months now and was purchased slightly used as well

Simon1975

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup/Meg R26
I thought about it and looked at 1 with the lower section done to me it looked a bit much I'll do the pillars and that will be enough for me

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
November 2021 - Things get serious...

Firstly following the incident at Oulton Park I needed to get my Red 2118's refurbished as one got particularly damaged, to be honest I would have got them refurbished this winter anyhow so not the end of the world. Any way I got them done, I've not yet picked them up however they look great in the pics I've been sent:

2118's

f853b8f8-2c1b-4208-854d-9425abeb7ad0.JPG

Things get a little serious, I've always wanted to do a full strip down of my car. I've always loved @cpaterson76 builds and similar. I ideally I would of liked to do it myself, but due to many factors, the main being lack of skill, I decided now was the time to push the button. I'd spoken to Alex at AW Motorworks on a number of occasions and he understood my requirements and I felt 100% confident that he would be able to achieve the desired results.

Anyway I dropped the car off to Alex mid November 2021 and this is the current position:

IMG_0112.JPG
IMG_0113.JPG
IMG_0116.JPG
IMG_0117.JPG
IMG_0118.JPG
IMG_0161.JPG
IMG_0164.JPG
IMG_0163.JPG
IMG_0162.JPG

I'll keep you all posted.

I've got a few parts at home that I need to drop off to Alex but keep forgetting, but I'll dig them all out tonight and maybe pop over this week.

Tom

Simon1975

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup/Meg R26
November 2021 - Things get serious...

Firstly following the incident at Oulton Park I needed to get my Red 2118's refurbished as one got particularly damaged, to be honest I would have got them refurbished this winter anyhow so not the end of the world. Any way I got them done, I've not yet picked them up however they look great in the pics I've been sent:

2118's

View attachment 1568500

Things get a little serious, I've always wanted to do a full strip down of my car. I've always loved @cpaterson76 builds and similar. I ideally I would of liked to do it myself, but due to many factors, the main being lack of skill, I decided now was the time to push the button. I'd spoken to Alex at AW Motorworks on a number of occasions and he understood my requirements and I felt 100% confident that he would be able to achieve the desired results.

Anyway I dropped the car off to Alex mid November 2021 and this is the current position:

View attachment 1568501View attachment 1568502View attachment 1568503View attachment 1568504View attachment 1568505View attachment 1568506View attachment 1568499View attachment 1568498View attachment 1568497

I'll keep you all posted.

I've got a few parts at home that I need to drop off to Alex but keep forgetting, but I'll dig them all out tonight and maybe pop over this week.

Tom
Some bill that's going to be. He has my R26 at the moment. Done a forged engine just taken it back for running in service mapping and mk3 front brake upgrade

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
MEGA!!🤘🏻

Cheers, I honestly cant' wait for it to be done.

Some bill that's going to be. He has my R26 at the moment. Done a forged engine just taken it back for running in service mapping and mk3 front brake upgrade

Alex really understands my requirements so will be good to see it once complete.

The corrosion underneath isn't bad at all. Nice to know another one will be saved.

Its looked pretty good, but I know if I don't do it now I would have let it rot to the ground. The fuel filler cap wasn't great.

Mad c**t 😂

Proper job!

Its something I've always wanted to do. I use to be into concourse Mini's and I never really had the money to do it to the standard I wished. Plus I think there is something very cool about a mega clear track car.

Epic, cant wait to follow this :)

Hopefully have some more updates soon...

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
December 2021 - Can't wait to get it back...

Alex from AW Motorworks has been amazing at providing updates once progress has been made, I think all going well we are planning on getting the car back sometime in January.

Firstly a quick pic of the sill on the passenger side, they weren't massively corroded, however a number of areas required work and I've caught it before its too late:

IMG_0386.JPG

A number of items have then been received back from the powder coaters, I've attempted to keep it all looking relatively OEM thus no crazy colours on any components.

IMG_0331.JPG
IMG_0385.JPG
IMG_0403.JPG
IMG_0461.JPG
IMG_0460.JPG
IMG_0462.JPG
IMG_0463.JPG

After thinking long and hard about the finish on all the bolts, I decided on clear, I've seen gold on a number of cars and IMO looks cool, however with the OEM look I'm aiming for I thought less is more:

IMG_0404.JPG

TBC...

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Getting it all done in one go is definitely the way to do it. And it looks like you’ve caught the corrosion at the right time as well.

Keeping on top of it once it’s all been put back together should be easier too. Can’t wait to see it all coming back together.

Many.
Looks familiar this one 😂😎

This will cost more than to buy it new 😂. Such an epic thing to do though and if you can't ever see yourself without it then why not.
TBF, the final finish is much better than factory, but I reckon my bill will be less than a 182 was when new, forgetting the fact Tom dropped off an already heavily modified 182 to start with lol.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
This will cost more than to buy it new 😂. Such an epic thing to do though and if you can't ever see yourself without it then why not.
I guess it depends if you’re doing the work yourself or outsourcing it. The amount of work involved is crazy. Only a mad b*****d would attempt to do it themselves 😂

I’m about £600 into my RB at the moment. The price of the new parts has been the biggest cost so far, the rest is just man hours and preparation materials. I reckon I’ll have my RB fully restored for a couple of grandish. 🤞🏻

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Also helping bumping up the RB prices, nice one 👍
It’s a strange one Mark tbh. Took me 2 years to source mine but trying to buy the best cars is nigh on impossible. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, the best ones are in the hands of the best owners now. I offered ridiculous money in the end but couldn’t convince the owners to part with them. I got lucky but as good as mine looked in the outside, there’s so much work to do to get it right.

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
Getting it all done in one go is definitely the way to do it. And it looks like you’ve caught the corrosion at the right time as well.

Keeping on top of it once it’s all been put back together should be easier too. Can’t wait to see it all coming back together.

Since I first got the car this was always on my radar and now felt like the right time to get it how I've always wanted.

Car is so cool Tom.

Thanks. I can't wait to get it back.

Gonna be a epic Show/Track car👌🏻

It'll still be a track car, although it may be treated to a year off...

This will be better than it left the factory, good work (y)

TBF I just love clean track cars.

This is a long term car, I can't see myself ever selling, although everything has a price. Once all the work has been completed it should be perfect for many years to come, especially it living in a garage.

Also helping bumping up the RB prices, nice one 👍

We could do with a few more being written off.

Looks familiar this one 😂😎

TBF, the final finish is much better than factory, but I reckon my bill will be less than a 182 was when new, forgetting the fact Tom dropped off an already heavily modified 182 to start with lol.

It's in safe hands I hear! Can't wait to get it back.