ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2006 Clio Dynamique - Immobiliser / light issues

Hi everyone,

I bought a 2006 Clio Dynamique just under a month ago, but tonight when I've come home from work, I've locked the car and come in the house only to notice that the front and rear lights are flickering. The car was locked and the lights weren't left on.

I've been out to the car and the immobiliser light in the middle of the clocks is on permanently. I've tried both keypads but the car wouldn't start. The car wpouldn't lock either, however, the internal lights worked still.

I've locked around on the internet and a few people suggested that the UPC could have water in, however, I checked this and it was dry, however there was a very loud groaning/hissing noise coming from inside the UPC.

I disconnected the battery and the noise stopped. Reconnected the battery and the door locked/unlocked and the car started on two occasions.

Went back in the house only to find that 30 minutes later the lights are flickering again and the immobiliser light is on permanently again.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Matt