ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2006 Renault sport clio

Ziel Nurburgring

I really do hope they bolt a turbo on it, my old mans just got a megane 1.9dci and having never really driven a TC car it rocks in every gear barr 1st. The pull from the turbo is quality, Please renault, stick a TC on it

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Your in for a huge disapointment.

the 2006 Rs clio WILL NOT be turbo.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

195-200

it will weigh 1150ish to 1200kgs

But from what i hear, the next clio will out handle the old one big time.

The arrival of the modus has allowed them to put a sporting bias on the whole clio range.

Ziel Nurburgring

Why does that shock me. Do renault do a bigger engine than a 2L but not the V6 or are they going to try and squeeze some more out of the std 2L?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

It seems its a further development of the F4 series.

it may be a new version.

yea but i thought the 182 was the pinacle of handling in a car with that layout. TBH if you going faster round a corner than a 182 can physically manage then your a nutter.

When I bought my 182 the sales man said that a soft top and a turbo Clio will be released in the near future... Dont know if he was talking bull. They normally do...

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

There are many things to be improved over the 182 that only a new model could fix. The driving position is flawed, the seat height is set way too high and theres way too much weight over the front end.

Im in no doubt that the handling could be improved.

The previous Jump (mk1 172 from williams 3) was lacking somewhat in the handling department although the car (mk1 172) was quicker round a track, rode better and had more equipment (and was significantly safer) its handling wasnt (depending who you ask) as good as the outgoing model.

Hopefully the Jump from 182 to 192/202 (maybe) will be much more complete

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by Doigy on 02 October 2004

When I bought my 182 the sales man said that a soft top and a turbo Clio will be released in the near future... Dont know if he was talking bull. They normally do...
There is talk of a convertible clio but its top wont be soft. (see micra CC)

Turbo is a deffo no no.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

it seems renault agree with you.

IMHO there is no need, even with 192bhp it will still be fastest in class.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Looks nothing like a micra.

The platform is shared with the micra. (platform means layout and some parts not actual floor pan or structure.)

Tbh the micra is a superb car, even if it does look gash.

Remapped derv Golf

Thats what I mean mate.

JONGSR4s brothers 1993 Micra 1.0 16v has done 178k with nothing major ever replaced.

I actually was worried there was going to be another MK2 RS Clio. 192 or something.

Making the 172 Cup worth even less....

Yaris Hybrid

Whats gonna happen during the gap between the Mk2 being discontinued and the new renaultsport model being released?

If my 182 gets written off there will be nothing to replace it?

Remapped derv Golf

Quote: Originally posted by Toypop on 02 October 2004

Whats gonna happen during the gap between the Mk2 being discontinued and the new renaultsport model being released?

If my 182 gets written off there will be nothing to replace it?
Im sure there will be loads and loads of pre reg 182s knocking around for about a year after they stop production. Just look at the Cup.

182, GTR, C63

The new clio looks like a people carrier. I hate where they are going with new car designs. Im liking the idea of 200bhp but i think they cud have stuck a megane engine in it somehow. Would have made it a lot more tuneable anyway. wudnt want more than 300ish bhp though. Dont think i like the look of it but theres 2 yrs for it to grow on me.

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 03 October 2004

aint gonna be no good at 1.2 tonnes!
Huh?

Thats all of 100kgs greater than the current 182, hardly a lardy fat VW Golf now is it?

Your mising the point of the initial post surely a 1.9 diesel turbo is not the same forced air as a petrol turbo. the power delivery is completely different.

The diesel will feel very torquey at low revs and punch you away from standstill but will run out of puff very quickly. petrol and diesel turbos are totally different animals. A good efficient N/A engine would provide a better drive than any turbo diesel so i wouldnt worry about the new clio having a turbo, although it would have been nice especially to have the 225 megane lump option.

Renault Laguna Coupe

So it sounds like itll have about 10% more power than a 182, with 10% more weight.

Surely thats ok? 182 is hardly boring!

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1096795789__clio.jpg

Renaultsport clio

The three-door performance flagship due in summer 2006 will retain its familiar Renaultsport moniker and the winning formula of lightweight body, tail-happy chassis, honed suspension, a gutsy 2.0 litre naturally aspirated engine and talkative steering. Expect power to climb to 200bhp - good enough for a 6.5 second sprint to 62mph and 140mph top speed. In-gear acceleration will be aided by the introduction of a six-speed gearbox. The driving position will be much improved over the current models sit-up-and-beg arrangemet, and like the current clio 182 it will get bespoke wheels and tyres. A stripped out Cup version will follow a year on, but there will be no new clio V6. The first non-hot members of the new clio range arrive next autumn. Styled by Patrick Le Quement, it will not be much bigger than the current clio as the recently launched Modus will satisfy demand for a more spacious model.

Price: 15,500 (est)
Engine: 2.0 litre 4, 200bhp, 160lb ft
Performance: 6.5sec 0-62mph, 140mph (est)
On Sale in UK: Summer 2006

:sick: That new Clio is horrid!!

Would look better with a more aggressive front grille and better alloys.

Turbo power is crude too, much rather have a good N/A engine anyday.

I really like the idea of a 6-speed box though. Thats got to be something tastey. Hopefully theyll change the outer bodywork a bit seeing as thats still a concept. Im sure the interior will be quality because the jump from Mk2 Ph1 to Mk2 Ph2 was a very much needed jump in the quality of the interior. I hope for the same again.

Ta, Andy

dk

911 GTS Cab

I have heard that the new renaultsport clio will look nothing like the normal clio, it will be very different and be worthy of its badge.

Although im not too keen on the having to pay extra for climate and xenons like the megane 225.

It will definitely be a car to be reckoned with and I am certainly going top be looking to change to it.

Quote: Originally posted by Mitchy on 03 October 2004

200bhp for a hothatch in 2 years time will probably be just average. the civic has 200bhp NOW!
The Civic is in the next hot hatch group there is quite a price jump to a CTR and many people cannot aford (or are willing to spend) the extra for a Civic. The Clio alos have a weight advantage on its side as its about 10% lighter so can keep with it in a ace plus the weight reduction should lead to beter cornering speeds.

200bhp for a hothatch in 2 years time will probably be just average. the civic has 200bhp NOW!
Good point. Pwr-weight ratio is going to be about the same as the existing clios. I wouldnt change unless the dif. is significant.

Quote: Originally posted by MAC30L on 03 October 2004

Good point. Pwr-weight ratio is going to be about the same as the existing clios. I wouldnt change unless the dif. is significant.
Suspension and handling will be much improved apparently.

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 03 October 2004

So it sounds like itll have about 10% more power than a 182, with 10% more weight.

Surely thats ok? 182 is hardly boring!

.....Weight is the enemy !!! ...even when theres a corresponding increae in power. It mutes the steering and dulls performance, and depending where the weight goes can play havoc with the CoG. I agree that the curent 182 has too much weight over the front end , making the steering overly heavy. If they can resolve the F/R split (and the driving position) that would pay dividends.

It would be good if they made a limited edition turbo version with 4wd. Im only dreaming. sorry lads for the stupid comment:oops:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Theres something wrong with that statement.

Yes the civic has 200bhp but its in the class above.

The most powerful supermini in its class is the clio anymore power and its way way infront of anything in its class. People always seem to make the common mistake of comparing the clio to the civic, but its not a direct competor as such.