ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2006 Renaultsport Clio 197

What is the new build quality on the interior's of the 2006 like? Does any part of the interior crack and creak/suffor from vibration like the Clio's before them?

astra coupe on coilovers
a lot of people have said they feel alot better than and better built the older clios. someone who has one will be able to tell you

craig

133/225/CLS AMG
Well it looks just like the interior of the Meganes so if its anything like my 225 it should be better!! :D

Then again my 172 never had any rattles so I couldn't fault the Clios that much.

sw1

Clio 172
Interior is really good quality, I've had mine 7 months.

It's easy up to Golf quality now, having owned both I can confirm. It doesn't rattle like my old 172's and also feels a lot more solid when driving.

Only rattle I have with mine is with the seatbelt height adjuster, vibrates ever so slightly, but can't notice it on the move/radio on, only a very little niggle mind!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
As tez says they are better.Reviews ive read include better driving position,interior and general drivability

TeZ

Non RS : (
yes, just a bit heavy if your worried about that, they seem to have just ''finished'' it this time as they seemed to cut corners on the 182 imo.. and the Quality just wasnt good enough for a car of that price..you wont be diapointed specially if u get recaros :p

the glovebox is the worst thing on them it feels cheap an is useless its to narrow compared to the mk2 ph2 but its a better finshed overall afew more places to put things would have been nice like a double golve box like the yaris an something driverside to put my phone

the power point by the hand brake seems unsafe ive got a sat nav which will need chargeing at some point an i will be forced to atempt stetching it over the handbrake an gear stick :dapprove:

Ultra Red 197
I have no complaints,

I have a Dynamique S and the Interiors near enough the same! - Mine doesnt make a sound.

As for the glove box and places to put things. The only item ever stored in my car is CD's and theyre in behind the chair.. Oh and my keys in the little added, removeable ashtray so I have no problems with space.

I absolutly adore the dash.. Its fantastic and huge!! The Black nice finish with chrome is mint! I have cloth 'Sports' Interior, which holds your bum quite well even when pushing the Conti Sport Contacts to thier limit in the Yorkshire Dales!

Never had no one in the back.. So cannot comment! :approve::approve::approve:

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i hve two in my 197? and in both of the rear of the fornt seats iirc?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I've been looking on Parkers and the 197's appear to depreciate £5k in their first year? :(

Thats from the RRP which is £16kish, as you can buy them new for 13k thats 3k before it's even sold.

sw1

Clio 172
Yep, I got mine really highly specced for 15.5K in Feb, 2K under the list and I'm looking for 11,500 for a private sale 7 months later. Admitdelly I have done 12.5K miles ;o))

At least I didn't pay list though ;o))

There doesn't seem to be too much demand for them though to be honest, ebay has been fairly dead for my 197.

Had a couple of phone calls but not the demand I had when I sold my Golf GT TDi for a lot more.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
they are starting to grow on me. depends what colour they are