ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2009 Clio GT

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Just thought i should start a separate thread with pics in, a lot of people interested in this car since a new model i guess. Anyway I'm not 17 yet, my mum's driving it around. Apparently it's been turning a few clio drivers heads at least. Anyway i know its the "Underpowered" model but when your 17 a 200bhp Clio is slightly out of range :p

Less talky, more pictures:
Here it is in the showroom...
IMG_0264.jpg
IMG_0263.jpg

And some pics i took the day we picked it up...
IMG_0267.jpg
IMG_0270.jpg
IMG_0268.jpg
IMG_0269.jpg

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
i think i prefer the mk3 ph1 tbh. Still tidy looking car

Know what you mean, I'm still debating over the headlamps. The fact they are a tad smoked is an improvement i guess ;) The rear is an improvement though. The body kit looks good at the back, but again the front takes some getting used too. Think it defiantly needs lowering.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Nice 1st car...... Its been only a short time but tey are already looking better to me

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Its crying out for bigger wheels. What are the figures for these? (CBA to go and have a look)

All the reviews and stuff say things like "128bhp" and that the suspension is "15% stiffer" Cba myself to get full specsheet out.

Oh and yes, I'm thinking 17" Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2's in graphite (to match the look the wheels give now) opinions?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Car doesn't need alloys mate, it looks fine.

Why they never matched the bumper to flow into the wing i'll never know!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
If i had the confidence i would smooth the whole body kit in. Someone I'm sure will do it :p

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
No there 16" just look small because it needs slammin ;)

EDIT: and probs needs some wheel spacers

I saw one of these flying through Dunfermline this afternoon, looked absolutely mint and had some sort of spoiler on the back.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Just get it lowered, the alloys are fine. Looks sweet, I love that Malta Blue.

Malta blue and Anthracite wheels FTW. My mum was driving it earlier and stopped at this junction, and some guys in a clio (From what she described, sounded like a 172) went flying past and apparently they slowed right down and the passenger leaned out the window to look back at the car :cool:. Definatly gets a lot of antention, i think people are just not sure what it is. What with the facelift + the extra kit :)

C

Cupster

so big and clumsy, god I hate mk3's.

EDIT: Nice for a first car though!

Shed.
You must have worked very very hard to earn one of those, i wonder what you do for a job ???

Nice first car that have fun with it.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
:eek: Steady you might give yourself a hard-on.

12k+ and you want to put filler ON the car!

Mk3 1.2
Very luck to get a GT as you first car. I take it that your not going to have your own policy. I did a quote on a GT at 18 years old and held a lisence for over a year and they wanted £3000.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
:eek: Steady you might give yourself a hard-on.

12k+ and you want to put filler ON the car!

Lmao. No as i said i dont have the confidence for that s**t :L but I'm just saying, would probably be and improvement :)

EDIT: Yeh my mum is sharing the car with me, but since I can give her lifts to work I will be driving it mostly. Hence why she doesnt care what i do to it :) And yes, I am very lucky and now just counting down the days till my 17th xD

Nissan 350z
Amazing first car. And grats on getting some pics up, your the first ive seen.

But id still take the RS Twingo 133 over the Mk3 GT i think.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
1.6, same as the twingo but instead of 133bhp its got 128. I honestly am not sure why, whether the less bhp brings it down to insurance group 7 or something?

@Speccy its no Renault Sport, but it's better than having a 1.2. And it's the best i can have for a first car.

@Sargara I'm assured by the dealer it's the first one in my area thats been bought :) Of course he will say that ;) But then again they got it in the showroom last saturday and we bought it the following saturday. We didnt order one becuase my mum needed a car asap. Anyone else will probably order one (not sure what the lead time is on these)

Clio mk3 1.2 Extreme
Had a sneeky little look at one of these at my local dealers the other week.
Got to admit i didnt like them at first but after seeing one i like it now.