ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2016 Audi RS3

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Car serviced. Inspection, Oil Change and spark plugs for £295 a full £280 less than Audi wanted initially.

But I need a tyre on the front due to sidewall damage, luckily I have a 235/35/19 P Zero kicking around so I'll get that on and its good to go.

And......

It need four new magnetic dampers, after me saying they weren't right from the off, they have finally agreed with me. Wooo!

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
That's good the mate a hell of alot cheaper. Lol I would hate to think how much they would cost

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Car serviced. Inspection, Oil Change and spark plugs for £295 a full £280 less than Audi wanted initially.

But I need a tyre on the front due to sidewall damage, luckily I have a 235/35/19 P Zero kicking around so I'll get that on and its good to go.

And......

It need four new magnetic dampers, after me saying they weren't right from the off, they have finally agreed with me. Wooo!

What was wrong with the dampers? Did you get the rear brakes sorted also?

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
What was wrong with the dampers? Did you get the rear brakes sorted also?
I was told the rear brakes are fine. I guess they work like a Clio Cups. As in they do sod all.

Dampers are leaking. TBH they don't ride very well, the Mag Dampers I had on the F type were miles better.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I was told the rear brakes are fine. I guess they work like a Clio Cups. As in they do sod all.

Dampers are leaking. TBH they don't ride very well, the Mag Dampers I had on the F type were miles better.

Thank god for warranties.

All of the gizmos that are being fitted to modern performance cars are rather nice but sod owning one when it's got a few years and several thousand miles under its belt. A lot of these types of car could become an expensive used proposition in the future!

Evo 5 RS

Probably, fronts do most of the work. Only managed 4k out of my pads

And......

Because the really clever metal in the oil f***s with the dampers' rubber seals...? Been there, done that.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Currently sat waiting while it has a tyre fitted and 4 dampers fitted.

They seemed really pissed of that I appeared with a worn tyre to fit lol. I want a 5.5mm one to match the other 5.5mm one on the front that they wanted to bin...

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Passed 20k miles now in 9 months.

Still going strong after its first service and all new dampers.

Its not giving over 40mpg too, which probably means its broken. Its the quickest its ever been too.

Still have 4mm on the rear tyres after 20k too!

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
Got a major hankering for one of these just need the prices to drop a bit more. Preferably a sepang blue or Daytona grey with all the black bits

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
This is it here, @ian 182

IMG_3062.JPG

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
The production one isn't as cool sadly. Gets the new 400bhp unit though. Saying that mine was 398bhp out of the box!

14725744_10154642155682579_5173639940974401346_n.jpg

Toureg vW Transporte
You got this thing up on bricks at night to do those kind of miles? I'd struggle to do that in 3 years on a brand new transporter for work! Good effort