ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

205 45 Tyres on a 172 Cup - will they fit?

Clio 172 Cup
Sorry if this has been covered before but I would like to run R888s on my 172 Cup which currently has 195/45/16's on the original Turinis but R888s aren't available in this size (nor are Kumhos or Yokos). Seems I have 2 options, buy a 2nd set of (15") rims & fit 195 50 15 R888s or stick with 16's & fit 205/45/16s but will they foul the arches or tramline or anything? The plan is to lower the car with Eibach Sportlines if that makes any difference? Cheers guys

I have 205/45/16 on my car now, look good and the little extra wideness gives a little rubber protection on the alloys, so less chance of curbing a wheel, there fairly cheap to, camskill and blackcircles do pirelli p zero neros for £70 each

Clio 172 Cup
from what I've read 15"'s are a better solution anyway so looks like I'll have to find some more pennies to buy some F1s doesn't it!

Clio 172 Cup; A3 3.2
sorry to steal the thread a bit, but what would be the difference in handling between the 15" and 16"?
i'm at the moment at the same point like you with my cup.

thx rgds robert

Evo 8 MR
sorry to steal the thread a bit, but what would be the difference in handling between the 15" and 16"?
i'm at the moment at the same point like you with my cup.

thx rgds robert

Tyres are cheaper for 15's. Also a bigger sidewall helps when cornering hard.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
You sure about that fella?

Less sidewall, less flex......?
Anyway i always stuck with 195/45's. Cheaper, better imo. The 182 in lowspeed always 'chew' on heavy lock, over tyred imo

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
if lowered a bit it will look cool even with the 15's and the tyres will be cheaper(195/50) = win :D