ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

205bhp, 182 video

Norris_309 said:
Sounds very nice.. where did those 205 horses come from then... i want it

AWT cams and stage 1 inlet manifold, ss custom exhaust and sports cat, viper, standalone ecu, ph1 172 cable throttle body. All fitted and setup at GDI, apart from exhaust which was done at MIJ performance.

Martin. said:
Randon camera placement lol
^^true.
You can just see some of the tape I used to stick the camera to the dash in the bottom corner of the shot. lol.

It was for the sound really, I put it there to face out of the window but be out of the way of the wind noise, thats my excuse anyway.;)

Lotus Elise 111R
If only Renault made them all sound like that from the factory, you say it is a custom exhaust, was that done by Andy? where is he in the uk? One thing I miss from my previous cars is the exhaust note, would love to sort it out to sound like yours!

172blue said:
If only Renault made them all sound like that from the factory, you say it is a custom exhaust, was that done by Andy? where is he in the uk? One thing I miss from my previous cars is the exhaust note, would love to sort it out to sound like yours!

Exhaust was done by MIJ in Walsall. GDI is near Cambridge.

You need the whole lot for that noise although a custom exhaust is worth getting on its own. The standard car is pretty poor IMO in terms of noise, to quiet.

Pete-182 said:
Sounds great, with 205 brake id also like to see a speedo vid-i bet it is well quick!!

this link is to speedo vids of my car

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=117994

Klang1.6 said:
Does he change from 2nd to 3rd early or we talking a 4 sec to 60? or has he just up changed early? listen to the revs?

I wish. It was recorded on a streaming wet cold day and I changed up early due to wheel spin. Check out the speedo vids I reckon I got low 6's to 60 but it was not a perfect effort and I think very high 5's would be possible.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
lol I saw it too Neil you been edited!? Remember it is 70 kgs heavier than the featherweight cup....

Martin. said:
lol I saw it too Neil you been edited!? Remember it is 70 kgs heavier than the featherweight cup....

I didnt see it.:(

Got any stats (RR, 1/4 mile?), vids and a spec (mods, is it stripped) for your car Neil?

It sounds like a serious motor, if that "14.1 pre maxogen" statement is your 1/4 mile time your car is nearly as quick as luckys 222bhp!

Sounds quick, as said, would be nice to see some evidence to back up what you are saying.:clown:

MarkM said:
I didnt see it.:(

Got any stats (RR, 1/4 mile?), vids and a spec (mods, is it stripped) for your car Neil?

It sounds like a serious motor, if that "14.1 pre maxogen" statement is your 1/4 mile time your car is nearly as quick as luckys 222bhp!

Sounds quick, as said, would be nice to see some evidence to back up what you are saying.:clown:

Fastest its done before Maxogen was 14.1, most impressive run was 14.2@101 (with the panel filter. Matches a bluefin/exhaust RS focus on strip) I'd not be surprised if my car pushed Luckys all the way.... All that with with just a exhaust,de-cat,rsport ecu and a Maxogen! Don't you just love Cups :)

Nippy white cup
Here is a vid of mine...check the temp gauge out lol. It desperatly needs a remap as it isn`t pulling up to the limiter like it used to...still not bad tho!

Chris

right click and save

MOV00052.3gp

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
Neil82cup said:
Fastest its done before Maxogen was 14.1, most impressive run was 14.2@101 (with the panel filter. Matches a bluefin/exhaust RS focus on strip) I'd not be surprised if my car pushed Luckys all the way.... All that with with just a exhaust,de-cat,rsport ecu and a Maxogen! Don't you just love Cups :)

101mph terminal thats impressive! Can't be many clios doing that on stnd cams and throttle body! Maybe 2..... although one was done at crail the other at Pod!;)

Martin. said:
101mph terminal thats impressive! Can't be many clios doing that on stnd cams and throttle body! Maybe 2..... although one was done at crail the other at Pod!;)

Yeah suppose the fact that I can match a bluefin/exhaust Focus RS means nothing. You would'nt bat an eye lid if i said modded RS did 101. The fact that standard Cups at Crail do 93 ish mph says it all to me, also its faster than that "205" hp 182 on here. I'd love to come down to the pod one weekend and beat the Nana and yours but alas i cant be arsed. All this with only exhaust mods, R sport and a filter in a "heavy" mark 2 Clio :) love it. I'd run a high 13 now I have no doubts about that.