ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

225 engine conversion info needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
  LY 172
I've spent aaaaaages searching for the info I need confined to tapatalk so I'm struggling

Just wanted to know what people do

I'd like to fit the full engine/6 speed box
I'm sure it's possible I read somewhere

What's the deal with the ECU side of things?
From what I can read the options are
1, somehow wire into the 182 ECU.
2, fit the megane ECU
3, using something like the Gen90

Trafic 140dci
This is what i've found out...

The engine needs adapting to fit a JC5 gearbox, adapting to take a 1*2 flywheel

Aparently you can fit the 6 speed box if you modify the subframe, but you'd then need custom drive shafts i imagine. It's no stronger than a JC5 box, so not worth it.

You'll need an adapter plate to run a ph1 cable throttle body. Then cable throttle pedal conversion.

ECU i'll be sending mine to TDF to be wired up, then Gen90 is a good ECU, but aint cheap!

If you use the standard exhaust manifold, you'll have problems with turbo fouling brake servo/brake lines.

You'll need a custom downpipe regardless.

You'll need to buy a universal intercooler and pipework, Chip is using a Focus ST intercooler on his MWM ph1, these can be picked up for peanuts.

I think i have covered everything i already know.

It's alot of work ;)

LY 172
Cheers. That makes it all sound harder than I hoped lol

Plan was to fit the 225 engine and box. So I get the 6 speeds. Electronic throttle body etc. Which would keep things like cruise controll.

Trafic 140dci
Cheers. That makes it all sound harder than I hoped lol

Plan was to fit the 225 engine and box. So I get the 6 speeds. Electronic throttle body etc. Which would keep things like cruise controll.
Anything is possible with enough, time, money and knowledge :)

Speak to TDF about running FBW throttle body, if anyone can do it Matt can, it should in theory be doable, but you'll need a more expensive ECU, EC1r is cable throttle only, can't comment on Gen90.

Status
Not open for further replies.